Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: COULD NOT FIND AN INTRODUCTION AREA SO I POSTED IN HERE GLAD TO BE APART OF THIS FORUM HOPE TO FIND LOTS OF GOOD INFO HERE

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Then why are my ears ringing? ;)

Welcome, Beerplay! Rules are simple: Be nice and join in.

Got any hog hunting stories to tell us? What's your carry weapon? Do you have a 257Bob?

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to some W Texas tales.

·
Super Moderator
13,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun and play nicely with the rest of us kids.

FYI, even though netiquette calls caps shouting, because they are normally used for emphasis, there are better reasons for not using them all the time. One is simply that they are so routinely used in advertising that many persons are reflexively annoyed by them; not the best first step toward getting them to listen to you or to take you seriously.

A better reason was illustrated for me by a commercial artist who laid out a sign for a business I was involved in years ago. She wanted to make it all lower case, which is not the usual thing to do with signs, so we wanted an explanation? She showed us a sentence repeated on two lines, once in all caps and once in all lower case. She covered half of each horizontally with a piece of paper. That made the all-caps sentence impossible to read, while the lower case sentence remained legible. Lower case shapes are more completely unique, so they comprise a less ambiguous communication format. They are therefore faster to read without error and are therefore a more effective means of communication.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
welcome beer plug..as to caps ..it just don t matter to me.. if the moderators say no..id do what they say ,as you have hooked up with a bunch of fellas with mucho knowledge of guns of all kinds an what we shoot inum.. a valuable asset..but as for myself ,caps mean nothing to me ,,except i don t have to lean into the screen to read your post.. eyes just not what they once were..if its a rule ..follow it.. but im short of cash these days ,,due to sickness in the family..if i ever use caps ,, its because ive lost my glasses ... if yall see me using caps its because other things are taking priority an i can t justify buying glasses at a given time..
again welcome ..slim
ps it would suit me fine if some of the cussings i had to put up with,in life were
just caps.. safer for both of us ..:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts