Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Maybee Fallingblock, TC Encore, NEF sb, sb2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Charles. Fixing to turn 69 and retired. I started hunting with single shots with my first new firearms buy after turning 18. Two HR toppers, a 20ga/30-30 combo and a 3" 12ga ,36" barrel and full choke for geese. Bought a trapdoor and a rolling block in 45-70 during the 70s, went to Contender in 81 and now have two Encores, a 223r and a 308w. I still shoot toppers, having NEF a SB1, 2 SB2 with 22m, 22hornet, 357 max, 410, both 20 &12ga in smooth and rifled. Pride of my bunch is the little Maybee 218b falling block in my profile picture. Very much looking forward to the forum and will post pictures soon.
Light Black Air gun Gas Auto part

Air gun Trigger Bicycle part Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Hi, I'm Charles. Fixing to turn 69 and retired. I started hunting with single shots with my first new firearms buy after turning 18. Two HR toppers, a 20ga/30-30 combo and a 3" 12ga ,36" barrel and full choke for geese. Bought a trapdoor and a rolling block in 45-70 during the 70s, went to Contender in 81 and now have two Encores, a 223r and a 308w. I still shoot toppers, having NEF a SB1, 2 SB2 with 22m, 22hornet, 357 max, 410, both 20 &12ga in smooth and rifled. Pride of my bunch is the little Maybee 218b falling block in my profile picture. Very much looking forward to the forum and will post pictures soon. View attachment 105674
View attachment 105675

Howdy neighbor. Been in Ft. Bend County for almost eight years now after living most of my life in Galveston County. First lived in Pleak and then just West of you near Bridlewood. Moved to the NW part of the County almost three years ago. I'll ask you what I ask anyone I meet in Ft Bend County. Know of any good bank fishing spots nearby? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi JW, I have been seeing cars parked at the bridge (can't remember the lady judge's name on bridge) and it looks like what their doing. On 99 near the MH hospital and HEB at 59, like you're headed for 90a, second exit from 59 Been planning on riding my motorbike to check it out, just been too hot. Supposedly there's bank fishing at the Memorial Park on the Brazos. Rode through there twice (big assed park), but haven't found where people are walking to river yet. Will let you know. Let me know if you find something out as well. Thanks. BTW, have you shot at the range in Stafford?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice guns, the one in your thumbnail is a beauty. My only single shots are a Remington 514 .22lr and an 1873 Springfield trapdoor carbine. Welcome :)
Thank you, the Maybee Fallingblock Co. was letting gunsmith students buy blem actions at big discount (1980). Mine is off color, but people started building two-tones with cast frames because of blueing coming out purple. Match grade Douglas barrel in 218bee.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
nice guns!!!!!

i retired myself (well not actually) when i was 39yo. whatever you do, don't have a stroke!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

i "had" a black "plastic" stocked handi rifle in 45-70, but my oldest son liberated it and now he hunts wild hawgs with it. i had the same handi black "plastic" stock in 45-70 but i gave it to friend's son. back in the day, i had a handi wood stocked 45-70 that i shot deer with. but i sold it and along with other rifles on my divorce.

i have a ruger #1 in 270 win.

tc encore with a 23" MGM barrel in 20 vartarg(i also have a 23" MGM barrel in 444 marlin)

tc encore with a 23" MGM barrel in 500 linebaugh

welcome and pull up a stump to sit in our circle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts