Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there! I'm quite interested in shooting but in my country it's forbidden (I'm not American:)).

Recently I will go to Cincinnati and Louisville so I want to try shooting there. I contacted one of the shooting ranges near Louisville and they said foreigners are allowed to rent guns and shoot.

Though there will be instructors in shooting range, I still want to know if there is someone who is interested in going to shooting range near Louisville or Cincinnati during Aug 23 to Aug 25 and is willing to take me with him to shoot. I think there'll be more fun that way since I'm a total beginner.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hey chnbullet, welcome to the world of shooting!:):):)

I'm not in that part of the country, but we should have some members who are familiar with that area.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,461 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

I have taken non-US citizens to the range who were from countries where firearm ownership was greatly restricted. Everyone always enjoyed it.

Hope you get to meet some fellow shooters.... I am in central Texas which is a ways from you or I'd take you myself.

Have fun.....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! Kentucky might be a little gun friendlier than Ohio is, I'm not positive on that but it is a gun friendly state. Anyway, the link I provided is a place in West Point Kentucky that's about 29 miles south of Louisville. The range there in West Point, Ky allows international shooters that are on vacation. Maybe you can call ahead of time and talk to them, hope this helps !

Knob Creek Range International destination | Gun Range holiday | Where to Shoot | Best place to shoot | Knob Creek Gun Range

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Just wanted to say welcome and hope you connect with someone to shoot with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum ! Kentucky might be a little gun friendlier than Ohio is, I'm not positive on that but it is a gun friendly state. Anyway, the link I provided is a place in West Point Kentucky that's about 29 miles south of Louisville. The range there in West Point, Ky allows international shooters that are on vacation. Maybe you can call ahead of time and talk to them, hope this helps !

Knob Creek Range International destination | Gun Range holiday | Where to Shoot | Best place to shoot | Knob Creek Gun Range
Thanks for the information provided. As I said, I called a shooting range near Louisville (The name is OpenRange) and they said just come and shoot, NP. KY is a pro-gun state. Right now I live in MA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

I have taken non-US citizens to the range who were from countries where firearm ownership was greatly restricted. Everyone always enjoyed it.

Hope you get to meet some fellow shooters.... I am in central Texas which is a ways from you or I'd take you myself.

Have fun.....
Thanks anyway. If I go to Louisville and Cincinnati specially for shooting, I'm willing to fly to TX instead. But I have other things to do in the two cities and shooting is just something by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts