Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I joined to ask for advice, my 1911 94 broke it's firing pin, so I disassembled and removed. As this was a real, working Ranch rifle I do not want to cosmetically change anything. It has earned it's stock bruises in West Texas.
What I do need is a replacement firing pin, and advice on what parts to refurbish. And, of course, a source for those parts.
A schematic would be great as well, if one exists, as reassembling would be great. Getting the firing pin out took quite a bit of disassembly.

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Iowaloha benogil,
Is nice to meet ya.

As long as you have it torn down that far, I'd start with a good bath in something mild like kerosine while you wait for proper parts.

Lots of good places to look for parts. Just do a "search" and you will find all sorts of places that offer them with parts breakdown diagrams.

Good that you still have the broken firing pin because there have been changes made over the years on the 1894. You may need to measure and corospond with the suplyers to get the correct replacement.

Very do-able I think.

Cheezywan

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

If it need a firing pin, replace it. On the 94 if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just clean it up and re-assemble it. Your firing pin should be available from Gun Parts Co.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
Got the pin from Brownell's. As I reassemble I'll probably be back in touch. Nice to have a saddle ring that was actually in a saddle. Bore is pristine, so, I guess it was carried a bunch and fired a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts