Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have received a Hawken(spanish) 50 cal and the breach is broken off. Simply as i can put it the hammer has nothing to come down on the cap has no where to be placed! So I heated it with a torch a little and tried an easy out and nothing soaked with nitro for weeks and nothing. So now i am down to buying a new barrel and was trying to find some options. Will T/C barrel fit or what is my next step. Thanks In Advance Big Z

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You mean there is no drum or bolster? Some rifles like a CVA have a drum where a T/C has a bolster. And that is where the nipple screws into. So there is no drum? When I first read your post I thought you had a flintlock barrel.

No if this is a CVA a Green Mountain barrel will not fit nor a T/C. You will have to send it back to the company for the necessary parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It did work so now you can see the issue I am facing. This was given to me for seen reasons, now I want to give to my Bro in law to get him started front loading. He isn't the most mechanically inclined so I would like to give him the best advice and easiest part list possible. As from what i have seen on other CVA post they don't make percussion M-loader any longer will they still fix/replace my Hawken? Thanks Again Zac

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If you call CVA they will tell you where to send it. They usually have parts for most of the rifles out there. 1-800-251-9412

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are i indiana there is a company near shelbyville that bought out all of CVA's old stock parts. they have the barrells on the shelf. I was going to buy ine last year for my muzzeloader that had been loaded for a long time but once I got the load out it was fine. I think the cost was 130 ish. I found them through the CVA website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true I called them and the barrel is 80 the wedge pin is 3.50 and the ramrod to match barrel is 15 do with fed ex shipping like 120 for everything doesn't seem to bad i guess. Thanks For all your help guys. Thanks A million Zac:):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts