Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up my 3 screw 41 bh. I found out why the trigger looked so funky. It was epoxied on more than once. Now I'm in panic mode. I really don't want to get a new one. What are the implications of just cutting it flush with frame for now and looking for a used one. Anybody want to donate one for a good cause or have a well used one cheap.

All opinions welcome I want to use this for deer this year. I wanted to take it this weekend and shoot the poop out of it. I sould have notice the screws were loose.

thanks
norville

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh God,
Does this mean you're going to have to get and install a new Bisley grip frame with the new trigger and hammer?
That's terrible!
Seriously, that's what I'd do. I've been wanting any excuse to do mine.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
If you've got the ching to lay out for the Bisley grip frame, you'll never regret the investment. I have 3 41 mag Blackhawks, 1-4 5/8, 1- 6 1/2, and 1 Bisley. There is no comparison as to which is easier to fire accurately and comfortably at any load level. I'm not sure if you'd have to spring for the trigger and hammer just to make it work right off if you want to save the money. If you do the conversion, make sure you buy the trigger and hammer with the trigger job already done to them as they cost little if any more than the standard parts. Power Custom makes them and are available from Brownells for $180, I don't know where else to get them or how much they cost.

·
Banned
738 Posts
norville,

I just found this thread, so I'm probably late.
Anyway, if I read this right you have an OLD MODEL with a broken trigger guard.

The other suggestions to replace your grip frame a with Bisley style one, might not work without major reworking. They are for the NEW MODEL Blackhawks.

However Brownells has Qualite steel and brass grip frames that will work on your gun. I've been tempted to try a brass frame one on my OM BH. They would require final fitting and blueing for the steel one, but it beats aluminum. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts