Shooters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Wood Everyday carry Gun accessory Gas Revolver

I have an H&R, but no memory of buying it.
My records show the FFL could not find the serial number.
I can. I just take out the cylinder.
I have Goforth's books on Iver Johnsons, but I see now he wrote about H&R too:

On closer look, the back of the trigger does not look like a 4th Model, unless it has been modified. If it were my pistol, I would send these same photos (plus one of the opposite side) to the S & W forum (bunch of knowledgeable guys over there), then I would send a bunch of photos to the S & W historian Roy Jinks, and pay for his research and get a 'factory letter' on it, it's worth the investment. I'm quite certain it is one of the Smith early models, not an H & R or an Iver Johnson.

The hammer and trigger say S&W. The ratchet, buffed trigger guard and extractor cam shows a gun considerably worn before refinishing and decorations applied. I'd bet the value of the gun is more in the jewelry trade than the gun trade. The name is associated with fine jewelry done with much the same techniques as seen on the revolver. The gun is done jewelry-style and not as firearms are customarily decorated.
Jinks is the guy to talk to, I think.

Reactions: crooked creek
Hi everyone, a friend found this in their grandma's closet. Is this an old factory presentation gun? Aftermarket work? Cheap repro? Looks like a H & R Priemier with a square back trigger guard. Anyone have any ideas?
yeah it's just junk, I'd take it just so someone didn't try to fire it. It's not worth anything but I'd give you $200. just to keep it off the market

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.