Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong section, but im desperately trying to find some advice.
My father left his home about a year ago, and i've recently been helping cleaning through his stuff. In his stuff ive found a Rifle scope, i've looked on the internet but i cant seem to find much information on it and more importantly how much its worth as I am interested in sellling it.

The Rifle scope is as followed:
Simmons
4x40
Gold Series
Model: 440

I'd appreciate help as soon as possible,
thank you in advanced.

- Mali

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Google It ???????

Probably $40 tops. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply,
I did google the information i've got and i couldnt find any results.
the best i could find was a conservative estimate of between £20-40 British Pounds,
So your results match up with what i could speculate with other scope prices

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,670 Posts
Sound about right. Put 'er on Ebay and see what you get.....might be surprised. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i'll have to check my book if i get the time tonight but i believe that is one of the older models and might even be when they were made in Japan. give it a look and see if it states it's country of mfr.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the first simons models came out in 1985 and were imported from Japan. your model numbed does not match up to any of the first issues from back then. did you ever find the country of mfr on there? it could be anywhere from a few years old to 20 rs old. if it has Japan on it anywhere it is a decent built scope and probably works well.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,116 Posts
Most of my older Simmons scopes were assembled in the Phillipines.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Most of my older Simmons scopes were assembled in the Phillipines.
and those too were decent optics for the money, but the whole china thing really went south for them and Mead. i was looking up the info on them in my book by Nick Stroebel but this is the second book and i don't know if he had more info on Simons in his first book that dealt only with optics. this second book is a combination of his first book on optics and his book on open sites. i still want to get that first book but not at the prices folks want for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts