Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple things fellows first of all thank you if you're reading this thread and I'll be quick I need help in figuring out what these things are if they were once real or I don't know man the the firing mechanism works but it feels like it could be a wall hanging or something point is I don't know and I would like to any help would be greatly appreciated have a good day. I'm not sure how to post the pics

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Welcome to the shooters forum.

Is the one in the background on the video the same? Dueling pistols? From the amount and type of engraving, should be easy to identify for someone familiar with those pistols.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are the the same. Are they real or wall art? The problem is the gentleman that owns him and passed away and find any other kind of information about them so I really do appreciate everything y'all tell me so far

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
If they were truly made on the date stated I would assume they are the real deal. Wall art hasn't been popular until recent years. When looking at them I was thinking, "Arabian sultan".

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looking at the ball on the end of the grip, it looks Greek. But given that 1821 is stamped on it,,,, Turkish maybe???

PistolsFlintlock

·
Premium Member
15,347 Posts
Those are probably wall hanger replicas of Spanish pistols. If they have a flashhole that runs into the bore, they're real.

·
Premium Member
15,347 Posts
It is somewhat amazing to see what shooters fought with back then. One shot!
Only the very rich had anything but a stick! A sword was a major investment. A pair of flintlock pistols were the 'private plane' of the day. Commoners walked.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Only the very rich had anything but a stick! A sword was a major investment. A pair of flintlock pistols were the 'private plane' of the day. Commoners walked.
Yes, we are indeed fortunate to have the Second Amendment and a good supply of handguns on hand here in America.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts