Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have niether the time nor opportunity to find out past a hundred about this rnd.. the marlin 336 w leverlution 30 30.most should do very similar im thinking outa this common 20 inch barrel.ballistics you ve found at variouse distances ,out to 300 would help me save money and i don t have the oppotunity anyway to find out for myslf..sighted in at a 100 ..
how much holdover at 150,,200, 250 an 300.would be much appreciated.
this again with hornadys leverolution.. thanks slim

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
This is what Hornady has listed for the 160 grain version, they have a new 150 grain for this year.
<FORM onsubmit="javascript: return FormValidation();" method=post name=orderform action=cart.php><INPUT value=add type=hidden name=mode> <INPUT value=16257 type=hidden name=productid> <INPUT type=hidden name=cat> <INPUT type=hidden name=page>

<TABLE class=ballistics><THEAD><TR><TD class=energy colSpan=4>Velocity (fps) / Energy (ft-lbs)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Muzzle</TD><TD>100</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>300</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD>2400/2046</TD><TD>2150/1643</TD><TD>1916/1304</TD><TD>1699/1025</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=ballistics><THEAD><TR><TD class=traectory colSpan=4>Trajectory (inches)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Muzzle</TD><TD>100</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>300</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD>-1.70</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD>0.20</TD><TD>-12.10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you bud.. i guess i better sett her 3 high at the 100 then..
any of you guys using with personal data ..please let me know if thats about what the 160 grn does in your marlin w 20 inch barrel..
i tried to set it 2 high ..normally if im dead on at 50 thats what i get at a 100.. but w mine it hit the 50 yrd shot, hole when i moved it to 95 yrds..
totally different than what i expected..only shot it three times at the 100 but thats what i got..quarter high, quarter to left an quarter to right of the 50 yrd hole..that confused me a bit as to what to expect..thanks again matt.. slim

·
Banned
170 Posts
Unless you have practiced with that rifle combo at distance you should not shoot at game with it.

That is just my opinion about it. Even if you didnt ask.

AL

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i shouldn t ..just trying to get some ideas of others gained knowledge ..with this combination..
your opinion is always invited,,
an i ll fight for your right to express it.slim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts