Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be getting ready to load some 7.62 Russian. Wolfe has an inexpensive ammo in this caliber but it is labeled bimetal case and berdan primed. Not for me. Norma makes brass and Lapua. Is this brass for boxer primers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
First, are you refering to 7.62x39 or 7.62x54?  
  If memory servse me correctly, lupa and norma are both boxer prime.  
  You might contact winchester too, I know they offer loaded 180 grain soft point. Brass might be available also. Oh, and all references I have made are for 7.62x54.    I believe that winchester also offers brass for 7.62x39.                    Hope I helped, scout

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scout

I found out a few things since you made your comments. Winchester does make a FMJ round for the 7.62 X 54 Russian. They do not list the brass on their web page. It would be boxer primed. Norma brass is prohibitavly expensive for me so I will probably pull bullets on the Winchester and reload. Lapua makes a brass that is headstamped 7.62 X 53 that will probably work and I may get some of it later. It is a lot less expensive than the Norma. I may be able to get a fix on the source of brass for the winchester when I see both the loaded ammo and the Lapua brass.

Here is one for Marshall. I think the rifling in this Mosine will be good for cast and I bet you already have a lot of customers due to your ability to size. If I get this little M44 I am looking at I will probably be shooting cast pretty quick. Will this be a posibility for a new Forum Subject? Just a thought.

Thanks again Scout.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad I managed to help, I have two of those m44s. I let my boy sporterize one for fun. I found a case of military brass at a gun show.  
   I never thought of really shooting it, but cast bullets might be fun...      
 One complaint the boy has, is it kicks like a mule.  His shoulder looked it too...

You might look at cheaper than dirt; I think I saw some loaded stuff there in boxer prime too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts