Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Henry H010 Case Hardened .45-70 with the octagon barrel. When it got shipped to my dealer, I came home, cleaned it, and went over it with a fine toothed comb. Went out on Sunday and fired 16 rounds sighting it in and went in and cleaned it thoroughly. As I was putting it in the case, I saw a crack in the stock where the left side of the pistol grip goes against the receiver. My guess is a flaw in the wood stressed from the recoil. Called Henry Monday, wasn't able to get the person I was told to ask for, called back Tuesday and explained the situation. Did NOT want to send the rifle off, with all the hassle that entails, as well as the chance of the sight being knocked about. The young lady I spoke to was great, agreed recoil against a flaw in the wood was the likely cause, asked if it would be acceptable if she shipped me a new complete stock set, while I kept the rifle home. I readily agreed, and asked if they wanted me to ship the original stock set back to them in the shipping box. Nope, not required, the original was mine to do with as I saw fit. Shipping would take between seven and ten days. Any questions or anything else they could do for me? Nope. Six days later I had the new stock set in my hands. I was impressed with the straightforward and expeditious solving of my problem. It just made the sweet taste of a good purchase even sweeter.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
I've heard several similar stories about Henry's customer service.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Bought a Henry H010 Case Hardened .45-70 with the octagon barrel. When it got shipped to my dealer, I came home, cleaned it, and went over it with a fine toothed comb. Went out on Sunday and fired 16 rounds sighting it in and went in and cleaned it thoroughly. As I was putting it in the case, I saw a crack in the stock where the left side of the pistol grip goes against the receiver. My guess is a flaw in the wood stressed from the recoil. Called Henry Monday, wasn't able to get the person I was told to ask for, called back Tuesday and explained the situation. Did NOT want to send the rifle off, with all the hassle that entails, as well as the chance of the sight being knocked about. The young lady I spoke to was great, agreed recoil against a flaw in the wood was the likely cause, asked if it would be acceptable if she shipped me a new complete stock set, while I kept the rifle home. I readily agreed, and asked if they wanted me to ship the original stock set back to them in the shipping box. Nope, not required, the original was mine to do with as I saw fit. Shipping would take between seven and ten days. Any questions or anything else they could do for me? Nope. Six days later I had the new stock set in my hands. I was impressed with the straightforward and expeditious solving of my problem. It just made the sweet taste of a good purchase even sweeter.
Thanks for the report HM, nice to know especially these days

·
Super Moderator
3,801 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Good to hear that high quality customer service still exists. Thanks for sharing. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I had issues with their new Long Ranger lever action. I sent the first one back and promptly received a new one. The new one had identical issues. I asked for a refund. Shortly after I returned the second rifle, including the invoice for the original purchase, I received a check. I was not happy with their rifles, but I cannot fault their customer service. That is about as good as it gets in lieu of a working gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts