Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Henry Long Ranger in 223 a while back. The fit and function are very nice, plenty
accurate enough for a called coyote rifle. Does anyone here have a Long Ranger and how
do you like yours? I have been thinking about another one, this time in 243. I have no reason
other than wanting one, need doesn't even show its' face around me anymore. I have been
lurking here for many years, finally joined.
Bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome! I’ve got a Henry 45-70 but no Long Ranger...yet anyway. I think they are interesting rifles but I’ve decided I’m not a big fan of rifles with no aftermarket trigger options. Seems I often find the factory triggers unacceptable (I might be picky). How do you like the trigger on yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, I like the Long Ranger very much. I have other rifles to shoot for scores from a bench,
I bought the Henry for called coyotes. I need a follow up shot at times and the lever is faster than a bolt. I am not
a fan of semi autos, I have a tendency to use more ammo with less success. Don't get me wrong, I am not against
semis they have a legion of users, likely a better shot than I am. Oops, to answer your question about the trigger,
I might be lucky because it is better than some name brand rifles that I own. A couple of years ago I fondled a Henry
45-70, almost took it home, short of funds at the time.. it stayed in my dreams for a while. Stay Safe!
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts