Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody own or have owned a Henry Repeating Arms Lever Action 22LR with 18.25" barrel? Any and all information (good or bad) is appreciated. Looks like a fine little 22, but I know very little about them or anyone that owns one locally.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rick, my boss has one SHE shoots all the time and likes it well. Have run about every brand of 22's through it with no problem. She owns the gun shop where I work and got the Yellow Boy and she also has it in a .22 mag and likes that one also. Hope this helps.

Gun Runner

·
Registered
680 Posts
I bought one several years ago when they first came out.  I like mine very well, granted it is not a Winchester or Browning.  There are things that I would complain about.  First is the over use of a plastic type material throughout the gun and second is the crude nature of the "iron" sights.  I say iron that way because the front sight on my rifle is actually plastic believe it or not.  Not being a gunsmith I may have a difficult time explaining this but I had to add a shim made of matchbook cover to the right side of the rails that hold the shells when they come out of the magazine tube before they are lifted onto the chamber.  It was a little wide and the front of some shells wanted to stick up too high and jam when the bolt was moved forward.  Since then I have had zero problems and it shoots like the dickens.  I won several smallbore cowboy silhouette matches with it too, shooting against Marlin 39As and Browning 22s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bandit
 I got one for my grandson secod hand from a freind. I did not like the cheesy frot sight ,so I ordered a ramp and aWilliams fire sight from Brownells .I cut the cheesy front sight off, Moved the plastic ring that the sight was on bacck obout 21/2 -inches and instaled the ramp with the same screw i took out off theplastic ring and put hte fire sight on. WOW, ithink I'l hang out a sign "GUNWORKS'
I bouhgt a tang sight from a friend,it was made for a Win 94. I drilled aand tapped the tang and installed the tang sight.It cost me$150 for the gun   around $20 to Brownells and $20 for the tang sight. I cut the stock down to fit my grandsonand away we went to the range .
  He took to that gun like a hound on a bone. We've entered several Cow boy Sillhouettematche and in the last one he shot a 14!
I like the design of the gun ,but you've got to do a lot of spiffing uo onit.It is not as good as my 39a but at the money i've got in it i'm satified and my grandson is estatic.
  tbc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts