Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
We have one in .327 Federal. As it is the only leveraction available in .327 Federal we are very happy with it.

We have a sling. Sling the rifle upside down and horizontal. This frees both hands to load in the field. Easy to load and or top it up.

This is a good rifle which needs to be drilled for a reciever sight. This will allow easy sight adjustment when switching from light to heavy bullets. A lack of reciever sight is the only big drawback.

The.32-20 round barrel Marlin is 1/2 pound lighter than the .327 Henry.
The .327 Henry is a rough 1/2 pound lighter than the octagon barrel.32 H&R Magnum Marlin.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
I load for one in 30/30 and my wife loves hers in 22 Win Mag.

Reactions: Davers

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Have the rifle version in 327 Federal, not a bad rifle, if I could find one in 41 Magnum it would likely fallow me home.

·
Registered
534 Posts
We have one in .327 Federal. As it is the only leveraction available in .327 Federal we are very happy with it.

We have a sling. Sling the rifle upside down and horizontal. This frees both hands to load in the field. Easy to load and or top it up.

This is a good rifle which needs to be drilled for a reciever sight. This will allow easy sight adjustment when switching from light to heavy bullets. A lack of reciever sight is the only big drawback.

The .327 Henry is a rough 1/2 pound lighter than the octagon barrel.32 H&R Magnum Marlin.
It should accept Marlin receiver sights.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wrench Man, Henry makes the .41 mag Model HO12M41, 20" barrel. They also have it in 16.5" barrel. Nice rifles.
I have one in .357 and one in .45 Colt. Excellent rifles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have three. Big boy steel 44 carbine, 308 long ranger, and 22lr commerative. I load for the 44 mag but haven't started for 308 yet. Like all so far.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wrench Man, Henry makes the .41 mag Model HO12M41, 20" barrel.

It's a cataloged item?, but none seem to exist??, I own the one and only 327 I've ever seen.:confused:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I own one in 45-70. It's an excellent rifle and very accurate. The target shown was the last two shots witnessed by my friends while getting ready for a hunting trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I own one in .357. The loading system is a bit of a hassle. I like my Rossi's better.
Yeah, I emailed Anthony about if they would ever have a loading gate and just by his tone in the email I could tell he was giving me the bird and cussing me while replying but I still like the guy, one of the best CS in the business.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Glad to see a Henry category on this forum.
I bought my first Henry (BBB .357) in 2014 after selling a perpetually problematic Winchester mod 94 AE Trapper .357.
I really like it, it shoots well and very accurate with above average fit and finish.
It had a couple of the common issues - one the inner load tube problem and I believe I found an easy fix for that. If anyone is experiencing the inner load tube hanging up or causing the action to pop open when it’s being closed let me know and I’ll post my ‘fix’ for it.
With regard to the load tube in general there will most likely always be a ‘bone of centention’ About no loading gate but in reality there is an advantage to the load tube with PISTOL cartridges - but the gate still favors the typical, longer rifle rounds.
Also on the mention of Williams receiver sights for the centerfire models a Williams 336 WGRS intended for the Marlin works very well. If you reverse the windage slide in the sight and mount the sight in reverse on the frame it looks like it was made for it and does not hang off the back of the receiver like so many complain about.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
A lack of reciever sight is the only big drawback.

I use a Skinner Low Pro in the scope base mounting hole for the 327. I can'r remember if I changed out the front sight or if the factory one was fine. But it is a handy setup.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I have a XS on the .32 Magnum Marlin.

The sight is not quickly or easily adjustable for elevation or windage.

The small game hunter or experimenter needs an easily adjustable sight. The XS and Skinner are fine if you pick one bullet eeight and load.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Own two 22 rifles, an AR-7 and a Large Loop Carbine. Both good rifles, although I demand a loading gate on my centrefire lever guns; I'll tolerate tube loading on 22s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Own two 22 rifles, an AR-7 and a Large Loop Carbine. Both good rifles, although I demand a loading gate on my centrefire lever guns; I'll tolerate tube loading on 22s.
Then Henry's aren't for you. I don't mind 'em. Way easier to unload than cycling all the rounds.
But, we all like our lever rifles.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts