Shooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wrench Man, WhitakerGuns.com has them. $679. They are out there. Good luck.

The carbine, I'd rather have the rifle, it's $709.99, I may just have to have the LGS order me one!??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the opportunity to shoot a friend's Henry Classic Lever Action .22 Carbine With Large Loop Lever H001L today.

I was very impressed with the smooth, slick action, the good trigger pull, and the overall fit and finish. At first I thought the tube loading system was going to be a pain but it turned out not to be a big thing at all.

A neat little rifle that's nothing but fun to shoot.

I have a Marlin .44 Magnum with a 16" barrel. The little Henry has it beat in terms of out-of-the-box fit, finish, trigger pull, and operating smoothness.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Steve isn't the Henry 44 lever about $250 more than the Marlin? Fit and finish should be better.

I stick with the Marlins, as I really hate loading tubes.....got one on a Rem 22 just tolerate.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I notice there are a couple of other ar7 owners here. My only gripe about the gun is the rail. There's no room in the stock for a rail conversion, and the only qd mounts I can find are for a pic rail.

As for my lever action 22, no complaints about fit or function. Beautiful wood, holds 2" groups @100 with minimags off a bag. If there was any one thing they could improve on, I would like to see a better rust resistant finish on the lever. I left it in a soft case overnight just one time in humid weather and I've been chasing a light rust with oil every since then. Just on the lever, no where else.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Millwright, I am curious as to how your 308 Henry will handle reloads. I sent two back (previous thread), in part because the chambers were exceptionally tight and would not chamber some factory loads. Few of my reloads would chamber and if they did, they were the devil to get out. I read somewhere where a guy was using small base dies on his, but cannot find the reference.

I hope your's works out. Beautiful guns.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have 3, but they all are rimfires. The H001 is one of the best bargains in the new levergun market. And my AR7 Survival rifle is just soooooo cool !!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I picked up one in 44 mag this year, I have other Lever Rifles this is my first Henry..I'm looking at a 45-70 for my next purchase.. between a Henry or Winchester , big difference in price.. Henry 44 mag.jpg

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
A number of years ago I went to the LGS with the express purpose of buying a Henry 44 Mag. I do not remember what the model numbers were, but they were big and heavy and seemed out of proportion for what I would need in a 44 Mag. Beautiful guns, but just too much of a good thing for me. I ended up with a Rossi with a 16" barrel for half the price. Took a while to get it smoothed out, but it is one of my favorite rifles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Henry BBS in .41 Magnum. Love it!!! Only problem is trying to find the old Speer 210 and 220 gr. bullets that it loves so much. It'll shoot the Sierra and Hornady bullets fine, but it loves those old Speer short jacket SWC.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I ordered the 41 Mag rifle, it's here, need to load some ammo, have a couple of boxes of the Speer 210grn GD/DC bullets for it and my Blackhawk.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Two years ago, I bought the Heirloom model BBS in 41..........it is fun to shoot.

And it has my name on it.

Shot a .400" 3 shot group with some 180 Barnes at 50 yds today. I cheated and put a 14x scope on it for load testing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, for all the side loading gate folks, Henry has just introduced 3 lever rifle: .35 Rem, .38-55 and 30-30. More versions to follow. Wonder what Remlin thinks of that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The new Henry H024 has both a receiver side loading gate and the removable tube with the loading slot. You can load it either way. Would like to shoot one in .38-55. Have to admit it is a good looking rifle. I have never owned a Henry and I am a lever rifle loving guy. A new Henry H024 may be in my future.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Henry all weather 45-70

I picked this up today..going out of business sale 30% off..Been wanting to replace my 45-70 I traded a while ago.. Henry 45-70.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with a Henry single shot rifle? Saw on in a shop the other day and it looked well made.
tj

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
My Brother last week purchased a Henry Big Boy Brass with octagon barrel, caliber .44 Magnum, for his Christmas present. However, he plans to just hang it on the wall and not shoot it.:cool:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts