Shooters Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
My Brother last week purchased a Henry Big Boy Brass with octagon barrel, caliber .44 Magnum, for his Christmas present. However, he plans to just hang it on the wall and not shoot it.:cool:
Say it ain't so! :D

I mean, his great-grandkids might really appreciate that, some day. :p

Reactions: Davers

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

He also has a Ruger 77/.22 LR, An old Moslin M-44, and a H&R Turkey Shotgun in 12 - 3.5" that kicks harder than a .460 WM. *A-L-L* are hanging on the wall, as he doesn't hunt, but rather considers them as objects of "Art".:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
When (if) Henry comes out with a 45-70 H024 (side gate) in case hardened steel with octagon barrel I will be ordering one. 45-70 is a favorite of mine and I currently reload for a Ruger #1S and a Pedersoli. I would like a repeater to round out my collection.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Henry Rifle raffle

The Gaylord MI Elks club will be at the Sport and Boat show going on now in Grand Rapids raffling off (for Charity) a couple of nice Henry rifles. Hope okay to post this.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

My Brother also picked-up an Old (1881) Swiss Vetterli Rifle in .41 Swiss Rimfire. He got lucky as the rifle's parts were all matching, and the rifle unaltered. The rifle was lightly rusted so we cleaned it up using Hopp's #9 and 3-in-1 oil and got the bolt opened and all the parts work normally. It must have hung in some Farmer's barn for years. I checked the bore and it is PERFECT condition, looks like it was never fired. All the finish on the stock is original finish, and all parts have the same last three digits of the serial number. I've always read about this Swiss rifle, but never saw one until my Brother bought this one. Interesting bit of History, but it's a L-O-N-G rifle with its 36" barrel and it's heavy too! It is standing in the corner of his bedroom currently.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I shoot a Henry Single Shot in 357 Maximum and it shoots fantastic. Loves 180 gr bullets which is great as it is my favorite weight in the Maxi.

Steve........

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a BBS in .41 Magnum. It loves the old Speer 200 gr. HP and the 220 gr. JSWC. Can't find them anymore, But really love the rifle. Very handy for the deer and hogs in N.E. Texas woods.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a 22LR GOLDEN BOY. Might get the 44magnum big boy. I’ve never been a big fan of the tube feed design. But everyone should own a Henry so I bought one. Besides, they are well made, beautiful looking, reliable, and American as apple pie. They now offer the side loading gate. Although I got to say, a 30-30 would do you well, with less recoil, and probably cheaper to shoot. But I get you wanting one. I want a 45/70 too. I’m trying to decide between the grey laminate Marlin, or a Henry in a 45-70. It’s a short range blaster. Stay safe and catch a nice one in Iowa with yours. It’s kinda funny- with all the deluxe rifles I own, and the customs I will own,I still look to add more lever actions to my collection. And I already own four. Not a lot by some people’s measures, but still fairly decent considering I’ll end up owning two or three more. One ironic thing is that will all the high powered hunting rifles I have, I still grab my 30-30 quite often - even most of the time when hunting local. And I always practice offhand out to 200 yards with one. Go figure.I just can’t seem to escape using them lever actions.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Somehow had missed this thread previously? 14 months ago I owned zero Henry rifles and now I've got 3. Go figure. I traded into the first, a BB all weather in .45 Colt. I was very impressed with the build quality and decided to try a 45-70. It was also very nice and very accurate with the very first load I tried in it, 300gr JHP at 2100 FPS. I then found a like new Single Shot in 45-70 and grabbed it from a nice fella in Nashville.

I readied 3 rifles for Kentucky deer season, the Henry .45C, the Henry 45-70 and a scoped A-Bolt 12 ga. Unfortunately (?), my season lasted only about 1 1/2 hrs and the 45-70 was up first.

Attachments

Reactions: MoreBS

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a BBS in .41 Magnum. It loves the old Speer 200 gr. HP and the 220 gr. JSWC. Can't find them anymore, But really love the rifle. Very handy for the deer and hogs in N.E. Texas woods.
My brother just come bearing gifts!

I had some reloading supplies at his house, from years ago.

4 unopened boxes of the 200's and one box of 220s. Christmas in May!

Now to find how my Henry 41 likes them.

What powder are you using?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
My wish is that Henry would chamber a lever action in .30-40 Krag.
I'd like to see Henry chamber their lever actions in: .25-20, .218 Bee, .256 Mag. & .219 Zipper. I know these are very old cartridges, and the .219 Zipper is no longer factory loaded, but I am certain they would sell a few .

41 - 53 of 53 Posts