Shooters Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
I was hoping you would elaborate, using your vast and superior knowledge to explain why the Henry rifles do not meet your expectations. I was very deliberate in asking five different questions so the door would be wide open for your explanation. For you to have such an authoritative opinion, I thought surely you must have some sound and logical reasoning.

Most gun enthusiasts are happy to share their insight on such matters, whether technical or merely anecdotal. But, they usually have first-hand knowledge before they form such opinions. I only have 4 lever-action rifles, two of them being Henry rifles, so my experience is limited. I even have direct and personal experience with the service department that stands behind the Henry rifles, which is what the thread is all about. I suppose if I had a Miroku rifle, and there was a problem with it, I could just call up Japan and get it sorted out right away?
After you questioning my knowledge, it would make me wonder about yours. As I said in post number seven, this past weekend I handled, and shot a large loop 22 Henry. The direct comparison I had was a BL 22 and an Ithaca saddle ring. Your five deliberate questions, leaving doors wide open, all seem rather ridiculous to me. The henry felt more like a toy than a rifle, to me. The Ithaca is made in Germany the BL 22 Japan. I am sure even you, with only owning four levers, and your limited ownership of other levers, would find the same as I did. I have dozens of levers to draw my conclusions from. I am a gun enthusiast and have taught many people, including sons daughters, grand kids about firearms, safety and hunting. I have first hand knowledge to form my opinion, not google experience. I have no knowledge of Henry's service department, probably never will. As far a calling Japan I have never called them either. Using your words, I have higher expectations of a firearm than you, I suppose because of my vast and superior knowledge than yourself. I am always happy to share my insight, with fellows that are willing to accept other peoples opinions. I also do not shop at walmart and do not drive a Plymouth. I hope I have expressed to you that there are usually better options out there in life, if your willing to look at them. I felt I had already explained my thinking in the other posts in this thread, but a couple people thought not. As I said previously I put quality ahead of the place of manufacture. I am sure Henry has a great service department, and glad they look after there customs well. After reading threads on many different firearm sites, including this one, its usually not hard to find the posers. Everybody is an expert on the web. Expert by definition is, an Ex is a has been, and a pert is a drip under pressure. ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
lol.... even Billy Goat Gruff could get passed the trolls....lol

This thread was about Henry's awesome customer service, and My experience. I could careless what rifle people like. This thread went way off topic.
Is there a way to lock it? Done here.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts