Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends im going to upgrade my Henry H001 22 lever gun. I love it but i wanna dress it and improve on it a little. Im getting some hi viz sights and a hammer extension. Now my big question is i want a synthetic stock for it but i cant find any thing. Does anyone know something that will fit it?

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
A friend of mine put a very well-crafted, tang-mounted peep sight on his Henry 22 lever gun. His accuracy improved without detracting from the beauty and clean lines of the gun.

I cannot imagine making any other changes to that gun that one could call an improvement. I tend to agree with Cheezywan, that any other change would be a down grade. YMMV

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Hi Viz sights will not shoot as accurately as a flat black sight will on your gun. You won't find any target shooters using those types of sights for target shooting. They are good for shooting game in hunting situations if the distances aren't great and the animal is large enough to not require precision shooting. For me, they are out of place on a rimfire rifle or handgun that would be used for any type of hunting. I'd go with a flat black front and a peer rear sight.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Think twice about a synthetic stock on a classic gun. I could understand a wood upgrade if yours came with marginal wood, but not synthetic.

There are some cool peep and ring sights that would stay with the character of the gun. Check out Skinner sights for something that would look appropriate the your Henry.

Reactions: Highsteelman

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The wood is the best part of a Henry rifle and they already improved the sights, the current metal ones are FAR! cry BETTER than the POS plastic ones they use to put on them, the paint was chipping off of the potmetal receivers for a while, and the replacements they sent out to replace those had horrid "orange peal" paint on them!, they may have that sorted by now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The wood is the best part of a Henry rifle and they already improved the sights, the current metal ones are FAR! cry BETTER than the POS plastic ones they use to put on them, the paint was chipping off of the potmetal receivers for a while, and the replacements they sent out to replace those had horrid "orange peal" paint on them!, they may have that sorted by now?
My wife bought me the Henry Frontier to get the better sights and she knew I liked the octagon barrel. The receiver was very orange peeled and I scratched it early in the time of owning it. I took my cover and barrel band off and stripped the finish off and I like it better than the black that came on it new. I have a Leupold 2-7 rimfire scope on it now and not the longer scope pictured. Looks better with the smaller scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts