Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inactive
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys does anyone out there have one of the Henry Golden Boy rimfires? If so what do you think of it? I sure to like mine. It has the slickest action going and never misses a beat when shooting. Really nice looker too with that octagon bbl & real nice real walnut wood. When I bought mine I got to pick over the entire stock of 12 that the store had in stock at the time for the best looking of those few. I don't recall there were any bad ones, just the one I picked I "thought" was better wood. They actually have a plant in WI to make I believe the brass receiver cover.

DSCN2285.JPG (84.6 KB)

Maybe someone can instruct me on how to add a picture here.

·
Inactive
2,046 Posts
I want one and have only read good things about all the current production rifles. Great "Made in USA" company. Actually, I want a .22 mag lever action then I'll get the Golden Boy.

·
Banned
421 Posts
I have one. It's the first Henry I bought. I'm a sucker for straight stocks and octagon barrels, so I bought it for the looks. Besides, it was a NIB used rifle, and over $100 off regular price. I just couldn't pass it up. While i love the looks of it, the drop in the stock is waaay too much for me. I haven't fired it cause it's not comfortable to me. Usually I shoot everything I buy except for the NIB Marlin 1897 Century Limited I have.
About a month ago I finally saw a new Henry Frontier model, H001T, on display. I put that up to my cheek and it was perfect. So, I bought it. I cleaned it up and loaded it with CB Longs and went to the back door and fired it once just to check function. Then I left it there on squirrel patrol. I shoot the little tree rats that tear up the wife's bird feeders. About 2 days later I had a chance to try it on a tree rat, and it was dead on! Not very scientific I know, but I'll get it out to shoot some paper in the spring. For now, I've hit all 3 squirrels I aimed at with the first shot, so it can't be too far off. I think it's a great bargain at $339. It's smooth, but my Win 9422 is smoother. It does have the magic combination though, straight stock and octagon barrel.
Sorry to be so long winded, but I guess what I'm saying is I recommend trying one on for size before you buy. I can get the sights lined up, but it puts the gun in an unnatural position for me. YMMV The Frontier is just right.
Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.