Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm dinking around today and i come across a target that i shot with my t/c encore & remington factory ammo... very good group, well under 1/2"... anyway i've got 2 of these 26" heavy blued encore barrels so i pull them out of the closet and i'm looking them over and lo and behold one has a right hand twist but the other has a left hand twist!!

i've gone back and looked at 'em 4 times now, the one i've had for 10yrs or so has the left hand twist... it is a shooter too!! the other barrel is probably 5yrs old, give or take... i bought it as a complete rifle because it was a good deal.

anybody else ever see anything like this?

i should add that they are 22/250 barrels.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
That's odd...the left-hand twist barrels are usually only accurate below the equator. You sure you didn't get one meant for Australia? :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes when you flush in the northern hemisphere the twirl is clockwise, when you flush in the soiuythern hemisphere the twirl is counter clockwise...... Obviously your 5 year old purchase is from way down south!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm gonna get a hold of t/c and see what they have to say about it. it's no biggie to me because the thing is a shooter but i find it curious more than anything...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trust me tom i looked at 'em everyway i could! thought i was losing it... but sure enough one barrel has rifling going clockwise and the other counterclockwise. of the 2 barrels i've shot the left hand twist barrel the most and find it to be remarkably accurate with just about everything i put thru it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Daniii are you left handed and are you trying to skew this thread to believe left handed does everything better?! ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes when you flush in the northern hemisphere the twirl is clockwise, when you flush in the soiuythern hemisphere the twirl is counter clockwise...... Obviously your 5 year old purchase is from way down south!
Actually it all turns in the same direction. It's just that when you're in the southern hemisphere looking up you're seeing things up side down. Or so I was told.:D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya know i've gotta tell ya, when i started this thread i never figured it'd end up being a debate about which way the toilet swirls when ya flush.... and i thought I was goofy...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Let me speculate and say, one of the twists offers you an advantage in overcoming a particular crosswind.....right hand twist would handle a right to left blowing wind better and etc. chuckle

·
Registered
676 Posts
Makes no difference in shooting, only problem is with my cleaning brush coming unscrewed in the left hand twist barrel. It could be an advantage for a handgun shooter if he was left handed but not rifle. Shoot them, enjoy them and do like I do, use a bore snake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts