Shooters Forum banner

Heritage 17HMR

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DMC 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, Does anyone own one of these revolvers. What is the quality? Accuracy? Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't have one in .17 but I have 3 Heritage Rough Rider .22's. Had problems with one, corrected with a replacement. They are a good gun, not a Single Six but they don't carry the Ruger price tag. IMO they are a great buy for the money.

DC

#4 ·
The second one I bought I gave to one of my sons. He brought it back, couldn't hit anything. It was shaving lead due to a cylinder-barrel misalignment. Sent it back, after warranty date was past. Also, never registered for the warranty. Got it back in about 3 weeks, but didn't like the cylinder fit - too much play front to back. Shot it anyway. On the 4th or 5th shot I got a case seperation, blew open the loading gate. Switched brands of shells and got another one within 10 or 12 rounds. Called them and let them know I was somewhat unhappy. They shipped another to my dealer before they even received mine. No problems at all with the replacement. I just got my 3rd one a couple of months ago. No problems. At least I got a first-hand view of their customer service.

Probably will buy another before the year is out. I like them, but at $9 a box for .17HMR, I'll stick with the .22.

DC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.