Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Herters Super Model 81 reloading press. The handle broke. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement handle?
thanks
Brandyn

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
If the handle is cast, you'll need a donor press. If its a piece of round bar, like RCBS, your closest machine shop can fix you right up.

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
Well, it can probably be fabricated fairly easy. I see a picture of it and don't see any part that couldn't be made of welded bar stock.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
TTBOMK...Herter's did not manufacture any of their own stuff, so there is bound to be a part from the original Mfg. out there somewhere.

Gotta love Herter's stuff though.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
langenc-- You'll have to point to that. Fred Hunnington could laugh and get all 300 lbs of him shaking over Herter's advertising.
C-H and Pacific were the primary suppliers to Herters in the reloading tool category, AFAIK. Many of the dies were hard chromed for 'heat-treat'.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,814 Posts
Even cast iron can be welded. It's likely malleable cast iron which is easily repaired. The local welding shop should be able to fix you right up.

RJ

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,172 Posts
Castings can be brazed fairly easily. Might be the simplest route if you have all the pieces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lachmiller made some of their presses, The question is, How on earth did you break that?

Here is a Lachmiller press, I have a Herter's exactly like it, But it's Black.

Electric blue Auto part Fashion accessory Wood Metal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts