Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this forum sometime earlier last year and have looked at it often since. In fact, one of the threads on here persuaded me to buy my first handgun, the S&W 22a, which in my opinion is the best 22 pistol ever. Though I am probably the youngest member, being only 15, I do know my share about firearms and how they work. I'll try to do my best on this forum to help people out.

Well that's about all I've got. :D

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Your doing fine!
Remember it is not how many, but the fun you have with them.
These new Smith 22’s look like ray guns to me. I like the 5” version of the 22a in black and silver.
How big is that dot sight?
We have a 2214 which is a little “kit gun” type semi auto 22. Great fun for plinking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your doing fine!
Remember it is not how many, but the fun you have with them.
These new Smith 22’s look like ray guns to me. I like the 5” version of the 22a in black and silver.
How big is that dot sight?
We have a 2214 which is a little “kit gun” type semi auto 22. Great fun for plinking.

I have the standard 22a which is the one you mentioned. And the red dot sight I think is a Trijicon, I'm not sure though, but it is one of the ones that allows the user to change the reticle and brightness.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,266 Posts
welcome to the forum. Some of us older dudes can use some insight from the younger crowd. At 15, I probably had about 10 or 12 guns in my collection. I still have the urge to buy a new one every now and then. (every other hour to be honest). Looking forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Welcome Gunnut glad you joined us.

At 15 if you are working and buying guns with your own money I'd say you are doing better than most.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome. Lots of great folks and great knowledge here.

Deck

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum, young man. Glad to hear there are a few young gun nuts out there. :)

When I was about your age older folks would tell me stuff and I'd kinda-sorta listen, but I thought what they were saying was yesterday's news. Well, the older I got, the more I realized how little some things change...guns being one of those things. So, when it comes to guns, reloading, and everything that goes along with firearms, do yourself a favor.

Listen more than you talk, especially to old guys...old guys KNOW stuff! They didn't just read it or hear about it on the Internet. In many cases, they INVENTED IT! Youthful enthusiasm is a beautiful thing, but temper it with the wisdom to learn from folks who have been there, done that, and you'll be setting yourself up for a lifetime of making fewer mistakes. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts