Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I live in Eastern Ohio near a little town that is so small the USPS took their Zip Code away.

Out here in the country I have time to do my shooting, reloading and casting. My backyard is about 3 acres, so I have my own 100 yard range and will start doing clays this spring.

Because of retirement, I have the time to shoot many rifles, pistols, Contenders, shotguns and BP guns. I enjoy doing all of them. Currently I am gun training my Black Lab "Rufus" to get hin used being around guns and he has no problems when the gun goes boom. WE are working on pointing as weather permits.

During the warmer seasons I work my farm, plus I am on varmit patrol year round. People think it's strange that I run a round on JD tractor with a Marlin rifle.

So far, what I have seen with this forum, I like. I don't like the forums that politics other than defending the 2A.

I am a life long hunter and member of the NRA.

Thanks for having me,

Jerry

·
Banned
425 Posts
Wow

I live in Eastern Ohio near a little town that is so small the USPS took their Zip Code away.
Welcome, They were going to try that here too, but their is still a few of us left, our post office is open nine-noon 6 days a week. LOL What fun thanks for shareing and enjoy this place. Looking forward to hearing more sometime!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Welcome from across the pond,

What Marlin is riding shotgun with you?

CD

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CD,

Any one of my Marlins that rides shotgun with me, 336 in 30-30, 336-35 Remy, 444 Marlin and a 1895 in 45-70.

I prefer the 35 Remy for most things, lots of slug and energy. I cast my own for these rifles, I primarily use bullets that I can from "Ranch Dog" molds

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Jerry,

Come on in and sit a spell...seems like you're our kinda folk. :)

We try real hard to get along here, and do a pretty good job of it. The moderators work hard at keeping things civil and most all of the contributors are considerate and thoughtful. I look forward to reading your questions and comments.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Welcome Jerry, I also live where I can shoot too. And have been known to "tractor around" with a rifle. It is quite a life I must say.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome from another Marlin fan from down south. Love them lever actions. Looking forward to reading your posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts