Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fellows, i was looking to buy myself a 45 for my birthday and didn't want to spend a ton of money on a handgun since i'm primarily a rifle shooter. well while looking i came upon hi-points website featuring 100% american made guns. i couldn't resist with the economy like it is and my work curtailment the last half of 09. i decided to spend $189 on an ugly american made gun. i have shot 300 rounds through it so far pcm 45 230 grain fmj. i also bought dies and have reloaded a box as hot as the book called for. i shucked them out with good grouping as well up to 30 yards . i tell ya it doesn't look like much but i'm glad i gave the old american workers a chance and i'm very satisfide with my pistiol. i don't know about the 380, 9mm, or 40 s&w but the 45 is a tight gun. if anyone has a low budget but wants a reliable shooter i would give hi-point a try. i know you can get lemons in any thing you buy, but with a lifetime warranty that's a bonus these days.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
everything i have heard about them jamming was due to the fact that they are blowback operated and the people were using a low grade box of ammo. If you use quality stuff it functions as it should.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi-Point

I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYBODY'S FEELINGS, BUT: If it was me I would field strip the pistol and carefully examine the material and workmanship. They began as "Stallard Arms" pistols many years ago and I looked at one and decided I didn't want one. I know the price looks OK but I have a S&W M-64 in .38spl with a 3" barrel that was a police turn in and I gave $195.00 for it a couple of months ago. There are bargains out there that won't jeopardize your safety if you carry and shoot them. Nobody should have to buy a pot metal clunker to have a good handgun to shoot. Just my dos centavos. Regards to all of and good luck. Al:eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Any automatic with a zinc alloy slide is JUNK.
Ask Smith and Wesson. They tried to make a .380 that way years ago.

It just won't hold up.
The sleazy manufacturers who produce this crap could replace the slide with pig iron for abut 99 cents extra, but are too cheap to do that. And pig iron would be a better material.

What does that tell an intelligent person?
That your life is not worth 99 cents to these people.

I would wipe my @$$ with that money and burn it before I would give it to such charlatans and I recommend you do it too.
There are plenty of good guns out there made with steel slides you can find used for $400 and sometimes way under. I would recommend you go that route before you get ripped off by the Zinkers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
got my 45 today. While it may not be the prettiest hand gun out there. It fuctions nicely and gets the job done. and for the 170 i spent and the life time warranty i think i got my moneys worth.
And if i am ever to drop it in the river while bear baiting i am not out a crap load of money which is why i bought it in the first place

1 - 7 of 7 Posts