Shooters Forum banner

HK parts interchange

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PervertedAngel 
#1 ·
Today I learned HK's P2000 and P30 are essentially new generations of the USP. People make 10mm USPs. I'm wondering if there's anything that would prevent me from doing the same with a P2000 or P30. it's my understanding that the mags are the same for all three, and it looks like the barrels are the same, or at least similar enough that they could be modified in the same way. Otherwise my options to consider for a 10mm are... a Glock 20 or 40, S&W 1006 or 1026, maybe a CZ clone/variant, and that's about it. I want a gun that suitable for carry (in my opinion that means no manual safety and is drop safe), but mainly as a hunting/project gun that would fire 10mm, .40, and .357 Sig; the .357 would take advantage of the extra overall length 10mm has, to get a little more powder and/or more bullet options, like 9mm round nose for practice ammo.

#2 ·
I got a chance to shoot the Springfield XDM in 10mm, it was a VERY nice pistol. I shot the one with the tall sights and threaded for a suppressor. I thought I would be annoyed by the grip safety but I didn't even notice it. And being an XD of course the trigger is pretty great. The grip safety is there because the XD is basically a single action pistol. So at rest the striker is like 90% pre-loaded back, vs. around 40% for most trigger cocking, striker fired pistols.

I had no problems hitting a 12" plate offhand at 100 yards...I cold get used to that.

#3 ·
I got a chance to shoot the Springfield XDM in 10mm, it was a VERY nice pistol. I shot the one with the tall sights and threaded for a suppressor. I thought I would be annoyed by the grip safety but I didn't even notice it. And being an XD of course the trigger is pretty great. The grip safety is there because the XD is basically a single action pistol. So at rest the striker is like 90% pre-loaded back, vs. around 40% for most trigger cocking, striker fired pistols.

I had no problems hitting a 12" plate offhand at 100 yards...I cold get used to that.
Forgot about the XD; I'd get it if I got a great deal. The reason behind the grip safety is wrong; my Canik is single action, striker stays 100% cocked at rest, it has a firing pin block like most pistol do now. I'm sure marketing was more a factor for that.

#4 ·
It wouldn’t be possible with a P30 or P2000. Since they’re all chambered for 9mm and .40s&w. You could do it with an HK45 tho, which is similar to the p30 and P2000 but is chambered for the.45auto. The HK45 is a huge pistol. Very nice tho. Larry Vickers helped design it for special forces. They have an incredible service life. H&K .45 auto pistols regularly are showing up now with excess of 200k round counts before needing some serious servicing.

The 10mm cartridge is too long to fit into the grip frame of a 9mm or .40. It requires something the same length as a .45 auto.

The reason people can convert the USP to 10mm is the USP comes in two frame sizes. A 9mm/.40 size and a .45. The .45 is a massive pistol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.