Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If wanting to carry a Glock 27 as a back up duty weapon and off duty concealed carry, What are the holsters of choice? I realize being creative for the on duty BUG, like a inside vest pocket, may be the best choice. If you have some ideas there, great. For off duty I think an IWB would be the choice. Please limit suggestions to experience with at least this style weapon. I would appreciate even more the 1st hand experience with LEO using 27s. The choice of back-up for now is already made so don't get into the revolver auto or other options debate, please. I am not a LEO but the info is for one.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well. that was the loudest no response I have ever received. I guess I was too restrictive. Has anybody got any ideas since I had eliminated so many folks on the 1st try?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Galco makes a number of very adequate holsters and Don Hume holster does too. I didn't respond because I'm not gutsy enough to go out in public with a Glock. (satire) I'm a 1911 die-hard and I carry El Paso Saddlery Holsters almost exclusively.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
If wanting to carry a Glock 27 as a back up duty weapon and off duty concealed carry, What are the holsters of choice? I realize being creative for the on duty BUG, like a inside vest pocket, may be the best choice. If you have some ideas there, great. For off duty I think an IWB would be the choice. Please limit suggestions to experience with at least this style weapon. I would appreciate even more the 1st hand experience with LEO using 27s. The choice of back-up for now is already made so don't get into the revolver auto or other options debate, please. I am not a LEO but the info is for one.
Chief;

I carry my G23 in a Don Hume JIT, or a Blackhawk SERPA CQC. The Blackhawk allows for retention with the finger lock, the JIT does not. I tried a Bianchi Evader, which rode very high, and close to the body, but did not like the action of the finger lock....it was ackward.
Another choice, but not very concealable, is the Safariland holsters with the ALS system. It too allows for retention against anti grab, but it prints against clothing.

So as far as my experience goes, I'd say the JIT, for around $20 bucks, offers the best belt carried concealability.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
I have used a Don Hume pancake holster for years for several sidearms including a Glock. They ride high and close to he body so they can be worn under a short jacket or shirt. I already have more inside my pants than I need to add a gun to it.

Chief, I must have missed this thread because this is the first time I have seen it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well, for back-up he will probably have to use an ankle holster. As far as concealed carry I would too suggest a pancake style. They keep the gun close to the body are more comfortable and easier to draw from then the IWB styles. I would choose one that rides high as they are easier to conceal. I don't carry a G27 off duty but I have no problem concealing my 1911 in a pancake. I would suggest sticking with good leather holsters made by companies like Galco, Don Hume, Bianchi, DeSantis, etc. They will last for many years.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
That is a purdy small firearem (Glock #27) Just try it in your pocket? Pocket holster from Desantis might work fine. I think I would go that way.
Good luck to you finding what works.

Cheezywan

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
I have a Glock 26 and have tried it with a pocket holster and didn't like it with jeans or other tight type pants. It was quite a pocket full. I have carried it in pants that had cargo style pockets without to much problem though.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
I have carried the Glock model 26-9mm, 27-.40cal and 29 - 10mm, in an IWB holster as well as in a shoulder rig in the fall, winter and spring months. I also have a alight denim jacket that has a pocket holster sewn in side the left chest area. I like Don Hume and FIST holsters, good price and quality leather.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
G27 Bug

Chief, From what you said I gather this is a plain clothes assignment. May I suggest a Wild Bill's Concelament holster model Extreme heat. It's in my opinion designed for ***(I guess I have to spell out small of the back. hahaha) or moved a little to the right. I have one and am satisfied with it. Had it for over 10 years. Bill may not even make it anymore. He's a little slow in getting his products out. I'm 20 years off the job so there may be better answers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts