Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a paddle holster for my Taurus 709. Can anyone tell me what Fobus holster will work with this gun?

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Your model is fairly new and Fobus' site does not list it but the SP11B will probably work. You'll just have to try it and see. You might try contacting Fobus and asking them.

I have a couple of their holsters and I don't like them nearly as much as lined or soft leather. They are hard on the finish IMO but much cheaper than leather.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I know you didn't ask for opinions on Fobus holsters but......take it from someone who has carried a gun pretty much everyday for the last 12+ years. The Fobus holsters are not very good quality. They are held together with rivets and as stated above they are pretty tough on gun finishes. They are more expensive but if you want a good holster look at companies like Galco, Desantis, Bianchi, Don Hume and Safariland. If you are dead set on a plastic holster Safariland makes several that are lined in suede that won't mar the finish on the gun. Otherwise get a good leather holster. It will last for years and if it breaks a stitch or needs refinished at some point a good boot repair shop can do it for just a few dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts