Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not an original idea... but a good one (I think).

Every rifle I own is now a Homeland Defense rifle. Every pistol a Homeland Defense pistol. Every shotgun a Homeland Defense shotgun.

After years of having to listen to "assault rifle " this and that and all the negative portrayal of guns in the media it is time to turn the tables!

Of course nothing has really changed it's just time to turn the word twisters words back on themselves. If we use the term enough our guns will once again be associated in the positive light they should be instead of the negative one the media portrays.

Eric

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I thought that's what they all where, if the time ever came. At least that was the intent of the founders.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
EricG
I agree with you on 91101 we were all drafted!!! In more peaceful times we could have called them home defense weapons :) No need for the darft notice, I volunteer!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree that guns ,under the right circumstances, can and should be used to defend your home. What do you think about there being tougher criteria for owning one?

Eric[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
10 Posts
The FBI and BATF approved almost 80% of pistol permits to people on the terrorist watch list that applied for one. . It's true. The very same (constitutional)rights that protect us. Now , I think, it's more brains than firepower (although I agree that it's reassuring to have a shooting iron handy). What do you think?

·
Registered
434 Posts
skinnyj

Saying "almost 80%" doesn't tell us much. Tell us how many people on the list applied, how many were approved and where you got this info.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
skinnyj said:
The FBI and BATF approved almost 80% of pistol permits to people on the terrorist watch list that applied for one. . It's true. The very same (constitutional)rights that protect us. Now , I think, it's more brains than firepower (although I agree that it's reassuring to have a shooting iron handy). What do you think?
Skinny,
I,too,aminterested in the source of your information.
I read everything that i can about this subject and have not seen that.
Frank

·
Registered
887 Posts
skinnyj said:
I agree that guns ,under the right circumstances, can and should be used to defend your home. What do you think about there being tougher criteria for owning one?

Eric
[/QUOTE]

I'm an AMERICAN citizen with no felony background. Thats all criteria needed. Owning a gun is not a privilage, its a right, that shall not be infringed. :confused:

·
Registered
657 Posts
The FBI and BATF approved almost 80% of pistol permits to people on the terrorist watch list that applied for one.

Didn't knoiw the FBI and BATF issued "pistol permits". There is an instant check, but it is not a permit.

PERMIT?! PERMIT?! I DON"T GOT TO SHOW YOU NO PERMIT! I DON"T NEED NO STNKIN' PERMIT!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,999 Posts
Boy - some of you guys are really dredging back into the archives for these threads! :eek:

·
Registered
299 Posts
well i dont want to go so far as it is a right set in stone unrevocable, but i think of it as a gaurnteed privilage sorta, you know that any law abiding tax paying red blooded american can and should own a firearm.

but i dont want EVERYONE owning a gun. i can think of a few people i know that are:
1. too stupid
2. multiple convicted felons
3. big time drug addicts and dealers
4. anti government tendencies
5. did i mention too stupid

its just like some people should not beable to drive.

luckly my grandpa doesnt have too good of a memory so we take his keys and hide em so he cant drie.

thats all we have to do is take their guns away so they forget where they are :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
gomer_pile said:
well i dont want to go so far as it is a right set in stone unrevocable, but i think of it as a gaurnteed privilage sorta, you know that any law abiding tax paying red blooded american can and should own a firearm.

but i dont want EVERYONE owning a gun. i can think of a few people i know that are:
1. too stupid
2. multiple convicted felons
3. big time drug addicts and dealers
4. anti government tendencies
5. did i mention too stupid

its just like some people should not beable to drive.

luckly my grandpa doesnt have too good of a memory so we take his keys and hide em so he cant drie.

thats all we have to do is take their guns away so they forget where they are :D

Please remember our founding fathers had "anti government tendencies" the RIGHT of personal gun ownership is so much more than just so you can go hunting.

·
Registered
299 Posts
our founding fathers did not have anti government tendencies, they rebelled against brittain to form a new government. they still wanted to be british, they still thought of them selfs as brittish, untill after the revolution.

and many untill after the war of 1812

1 - 13 of 13 Posts