Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the shown Bushnell spotting scope with a built in digital camera about 7-8 years ago. It was fabulous. I goofed up and left it outside one night and we had a pretty bad storm. The electronics got wet and the wired shutter no longer works. Because of another mishap in my garage, it slid down and broke the tripod attachment, which I repaired, but without the wired remote shutter, I can barely get one out of ten photos in focus.

Nobody makes a spotting scope with an built in camera anymore. Does anyone know of a good configuration where a phone can be attached to a spotting scope and be able to be used with a remote shutter.

Thanks in advance.

bushnell spotting scope.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,574 Posts
Remote controlled telescopic cameras sounds like a Mars rover budget might be needed. Why not buy several game cams and move them close to the action?

·
Registered
518 Posts
The LR target camera in crooked creek 's post 1 ..is the one I have work's great for long range target. . mate's with my android phone to one mile. . And super clear. .But it would have to be close to the critters .. I would say ..but.. I never tryed to use it that way

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The LR target camera in crooked creek 's post 1 ..is the one I have work's great for long range target. . mate's with my android phone to one mile. . And super clear. .But it would have to be close to the critters .. I would say ..but.. I never tryed to use it that way
Yeah, I thought he was using it for target viewing while shooting. If JW is taking photos of critters or ??, the Spot Shot Wifi Spotting Scope camera (my third post) might be a better solution.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remote controlled telescopic cameras sounds like a Mars rover budget might be needed. Why not buy several game cams and move them close to the action?
Okay. Maybe I wasn't clear. Although Game Cameras have their uses, my needs are different. As to the scope cameras, I'm not sure if it is what I am looking for either. I am not looking for live streaming or anything like that. Here is an example of some of the photos I took with my Bushnell over the years. Think of an old Cannon with zoom or fixed 35X lenses.

PICT0010.JPG PICT0015.JPG PICT0022.JPG PICT0033.JPG 6 pt. morning.jpg 8 pt..jpg Big Papa 2.JPG Wood Ducks resized.jpg

These are just a few I have taken over the last several years.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is what you are looking for.
Thanks. That helps a bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts