Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to alert you all to a situation. I bought a box of Hornady .40 S&W Critical Defense. The package said 25 rounds. Got it home (200 miles away) only to find only 20 rounds in the package. I called Hornady and they were aware of the situation. They said it was a mis-print, apologized and offered me a cap but nothing more (like the 5 additional cartridges). I declined the cap. Hey, stuff happens. No big deal. This is just a heads up so you don't get the same surprise.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
507 Posts
What I find funny about handgun ammo is that my 1911s hold 7, most of my 9mms hold 13 or 15, one holds 9. The only box of 20 that makes since to me is one for my S&W 340PD, it holds 5.

They all should come in 50s.

Jerry

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Beretta Cougar .40 holds 10. So the 20 rounds actually works for it. Thanks for showing me a bright side!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just want to alert you all to a situation. I bought a box of Hornady .40 S&W Critical Defense. The package said 25 rounds. Got it home (200 miles away) only to find only 20 rounds in the package. I called Hornady and they were aware of the situation. They said it was a mis-print, apologized and offered me a cap but nothing more (like the 5 additional cartridges). I declined the cap. Hey, stuff happens. No big deal. This is just a heads up so you don't get the same surprise.:rolleyes:
If you would, please, tell me how well those feed in your gun. I looked at the bullets loaded in those and they seem a bit short for the design.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
WEll I got one better than that my friend! I purchased several boxes of Hornady Self-Defense ammo in .380-auto and 9mm Luger for a test we were going to be doing at the local gunclub. It just so happens that a lot of that ammo did NOT go BANG when the trigger on the pistols were pulled. The primer's were hit hard in the center but NO FIRE!!!

I told the gunstore and took them some of the non-firing ammo right after we ran the test. They said they would get in touch with Hornady. Hornady told them there must have been a problem with the the shooters pistol.

Well gents we used several new pistols that day and several other brands of self-defense ammo too. All of those different brands of ammo fired in those pistols. I called Hornady myself a couple days later and gave them the whole story as to what we were doing and ammo and pistols that were used.

HORNADY never did a blessed thing about the problem, nor do they offer to replace the ammo or give us a refund period. The guy at Hornady insisted their ammo was tops and this could not have happened the way I stated. Pistols used were new: Glock model 26, Sig Sauer in .380-auto and Sig Sauer P-239 (9mm Luger) Kel-Tec P-11 & Kel-Tec PF-9 in (9mm Luger) Ruger LCP. None of these pistols were over a month old.

NO MORE HORNADY AMMO FOR THIS SHOOTER!!!:( :( :( :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts