Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Browning model 92 that I love but I have trouble loading the hornady LeverRevolution 44 mags into the tube. I can get one or two in then it is as if the last round will not allow the loading of the next. Anyone else have this problem? I thought I had heard some talk of it but I could not find it on any forum. Other than that I love the stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
probably not the ammo most likely the cartridge stop is not doing its job and letting the round slide back to far under the loading gate, drop the lever down about 1/4 to 1/2 inch if that lets you push the rounds in most likely you have a problem with the cartridge stop.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Willygene, will have a look. I thought I had heard the same thing mentioned regarding the ammo with perhaps the case length being just a tad shorter than average. So if the problem is with the cartridge stop how would I fix it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
sometimes its just a timing problem may need to replace parts though hope not, if you have a good gunsmith local let him take a look.

·
Banned
212 Posts
I have a Browning model 92 that I love but I have trouble loading the hornady LeverRevolution 44 mags into the tube. I can get one or two in then it is as if the last round will not allow the loading of the next. Anyone else have this problem? I thought I had heard some talk of it but I could not find it on any forum. Other than that I love the stuff.
I think it is because of the sharp point that you are having trouble. It is easy to get the point of the bullet you are loading underneath the bottom of the rim of the preceding cartridge. Make sure you put the point of the bullet you're loading in the center of the primer of the preceding round . This works for me with my Mod 64 Winchester in 32 Spec. with the Leverevolution ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts