Shooters Forum banner

hornadys leverolution

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Bucolic Buffalo 
#1 ·
what an improvement an it took a friend convincing me to try it..
changed my moa from 1 1/2 to easily .75..
im just a hard headed old man.. man what ive been missing and its not that expensive either..i don t even view my 336 30 30 as the same gun at all.. its on par with a 30 06 .. as the 336 is so easy carying and handleing ..i can now not feel like i don t have my real accurate rifle with me ..with this ammo that is.. won t get to hunt with it for a while but i can learn the round shooting out back a couple of rnds a day .. ive even got it set 2 hi on the hundred,,as shes suppose to be effective out to 200 or more.... input welcome..slim

#2 ·
I am shooting some in 45/70 out of my Marlin 1895. I am shooting .75 at 100 yards without much tweaking. It may get a little better once I put a good scope on it. I have yet to shoot any game with them, but I can't wait to.
Dan

#5 · (Edited)
THose are the Flex Tip bullets, right? The FTX? I want to try some of them as I've heard you get more velocity and range, and you can load them in the magazine tube.

Matt, where did you find those for your .44 mag?

ON EDIT: Never mind. I found them. $22 for 50ct...not bad.

#8 ·
My cousin doesn't like them in his .45/70. He said he shot a broadside pig in the head with them and the bullet blew up so much, there was an exit wound down around the shoulder on the opposite side. Sounds like these bullets will add some vitamins and minerals to your meat.

My dad tried them out in .35 Rem and didn't like them either. He says they're "too hot" ;) He likes his old reliable Core-Lokt Remington Green Box loads.

#9 ·
16 bucks for 20.. one thing about them.. im paying way to much..mine cost 22.00 for 2o..better get on the phone i guess..
just called the cheapest shop i know of as hes strait 10 % mark up.. his were 25 bucks .. so i ll keep shopping .. for the quality of ammo i thought 22.95 was not bad with todays prices.... but i ll keep shopping. slim

#12 ·
The LeveRevolution ammo changed the way I though about my .35 Rem. I never even attempted a shot over 100 yards on game before I shot the LE stuff! I can shoot at 200 yds now at the range and would feel comfortable with it on game at that range. The Rem core lockt stuff drops close to a foot at 200 yds, the LE stuff is -1.3" @ 200 with a +3" 100yd zero! That's only 4" with a 100yd zero. Great stuff!

Hornady... load for the .358 Win and .350 Rem Mag!!!

#13 ·
Can you guys that shot a deer with it tell us a little more about how it performed on the deer. Did it exit the other side or not, did you hit bone or not, and how did it perform either way. Did it ruin much meat, or did the bullet stay together well? Also, where did your shot hit, and how did the deer react? DRT, or did it run 100 yards, etc?
Thanks

#14 · (Edited)
found a box of 20 for 20.00 at jrs gun shop ..dollar a rnd is not bad for this quality..
did somebody mention that the 30 30 rnd shoots just the same from 50 to a 100yrds ..no appreciable drop or rise.. now ive never had a rifle do that and really don t understand how it can do it..i shot a target at 50..now with what i have known beforehand that makes for 1 1/2 to 2 hi at at a hundred.. at a hundred ...i was a quarter inch high of the 50 yrd shot..like i say its hard to understand a 30 30 shootin that flat..well ive wasted enough ammo..
convinced totally now..how does a 30 30 shoot flatter than my most accurate 06..hornady has really come up with a rnd that shoots different than anything ive ever shot.. an the rifle is much lighter an easier to handle than a 06 in savage..im studying putting an 4-12 on it .. might hold off due to the wt. though..slim
ps i shoot the 165grn fusion in the 06..nothin off it.. if i could shoot well enough out the back door they both can hit the sam,e hole at the hundred .. old shakys the only problem my rifles have..but i will be picking up the 30 30 if i get a chance to hunt any ..hard to believe even now ive seen it..

#18 ·
I used the 45-70 LE rounds this year for whitetails. I didn't have much luck with them expanding well. Probably my own fault for putting them a bit behind the shoulder. I did it intentionally because I'm a meat hunter and I find it a **** shame to waste shoulder roasts. They went in and out at about the same size without a blood trail. There was a ton of fat on both deer and they plugged quickly. Shots were both close at about 35-40 yards and they went about 50 yds and dropped. Dead is dead but I'll take em through the shoulders next time. I was able to put five shots through one raged hole at 50 yds when sighting in the rifle so they are accurate loads.

#19 ·
Has anybody been hunting with the .44 mag out of a rifle? The Marlin advertising says they are accurate out to 200 yards. I'd like to know how they work in a hunting situation for deer and hogs out to 200 yards. Most of my hunting is in the woods with a Max range of about 200 yards in open spaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.