Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped by Tikka T1x with KRG Chassis for repairs to Beretta USA in November 2020. The bolt handle broke off and the remnants of the screw were stuck inside the bolt. Beretta USA has held my rifle for a repair longer than I have owned it. Beretta’s so-called customer service has been patronizing and indifferent. I was fed lousy excuses about parts coming from Finland when they could've just replace the rifle or cannibalize one in stock.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Beretta? For my part I will make sure that I will never touch any products made or sold by Beretta. I realize that Beretta could care less about some peon retail customer like me (and they made it clear to me) and that's probably a reality of dealing with large conglomerates.

I just talked to them again today and requested my rifle back. Without a word of apology Beretta is sending it back without fixing or replacing it... five months later. I will either try to drill the bolt myself to get another bolt handle in there or find a local gunsmith.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,296 Posts
So this is the same rifle you posted about 6 months ago, and the aftermarket Di-products bolt knob complaint thread.
You were working with a Local smith to fix it then, so why send it to Beretta essentially for custom gunsmith work??

And yes, the entire world knows how terrible Beretta's CS is; I think it's even listed on their website.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Unfortunately while Berretta makes great products they could care less for the customer after the sale. I waited two years for a part that never came, always with a three more months answer every time I contacted them. I still buy their products because of the quality but with the understanding I am on my own after the purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this is the same rifle you posted about 6 months ago, and the aftermarket Di-products bolt knob complaint thread.
You were working with a Local smith to fix it then, so why send it to Beretta essentially for custom gunsmith work??

And yes, the entire world knows how terrible Beretta's CS is; I think it's even listed on their website.
Now I know that Beretta's CS is bad. :) Local gunsmith failed to remove the screw leaving a real mess so I called Beretta to order a part for the bolt (the little sleeve that goes around the bolt). Beretta said, "We can't do it but we will be glad to fix it - send it in! You will have your rifle back in 2-3 weeks." And then the saga of rifle held hostage has started. Hopefully it's already on its way back to me and I will find a different gunsmith or a precision metalworker that could fill the hole and tap it again.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,296 Posts
Well, that's too bad.
Hopefully you will find a gunsmith who knows what he's doing.

Cheers

Reactions: martinw

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wouldn't and don't expect any customer service at all during these times and what is going on now. I have owned Berettas for over 30 years and have never ever even had a stovepipe, let alone a failure. Awesome guns. No one can take good care of their customers right now. Not their fault. Waaah!!!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Beretta has had terrible customer service long before Covid, great products but they could care less for the consumer. They have a loyal following because of the quality but when you need support or parts they suck.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,296 Posts
And there are plenty of us who do continue great customer service, without hiding behind political stupidity.
I gained several customers this spring because of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What I hate is that even my local family owned reloading store is now gouging like the rest of the greedsters. $400.00 for 8 lbs. of powder that they don't even have. They don't have any, but have priced a brick of Federal LR primers at $235.00. Thank God and intuition that although I want a bunch of stuff, I will survive on what we have on hand. I refuse to do any gun or ammo related transactions with the current price gouging that is going on. Signed.....Hanging in there!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Did you damage the bolt trying to remove the handle to install the DIP bolt handle?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you damage the bolt trying to remove the handle to install the DIP bolt handle?
No, it just broke off during regular shooting session. I have my rifle back, Beretta was shipped it full of lose Styrofoam particles and with bolt taken completely apart in a flimsy plastic back floating around the box. They had the audacity to put “Danger” tag when the reason the rifle presents a danger is because of Beretta’s and Tikka’s actions and included a letter that I "refused repairs." What a crappy company. I will get it repaired it locally, which is what I thought I'd do to begin with until Beretta's rep told me to "ship to us and yuu'll have it fixed in a 2-4 weeks."

tikka-sm2.jpg tikka-sm1.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't and don't expect any customer service at all during these times and what is going on now. I have owned Berettas for over 30 years and have never ever even had a stovepipe, let alone a failure. Awesome guns. No one can take good care of their customers right now. Not their fault. Waaah!!!
I disagree about inability to provide appropriate customer service. It's unwillingness, not inability. Thei revenues are over $100 million. Beretta has yet to respond to my letters, even hard copy letters after they told me in arrogant tone "we don't accept emails from customers." In every conversation they were patronizing and seemed annoyed that I would ask about my rifle... after 5 months.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,296 Posts
No, the solution is to stop giving Beretta any business.

Reactions: 375Carp
1 - 15 of 15 Posts