Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have to admit that I hunt with somewhat of a handycap. I'm poor in wealth but rich in spirit, I'm left handed, and my hunting dog is a free chessy/brown lab mix. Now this is just a lead in into how I got my first exhunting partner. I'll call him jim because if I called him Steve, which is his real name he may get torqued off a little. So Jim invited me to go goose hunting a few years back.Now don't get me wrong, Jim is a surperb goose hunter. He is so good that if he doesn't get his limit of geese every day of the season he gets mad and will blame his bad luck on everything that is within his grasp. Now I have an old browning hump back 12 auto my hunting clothes are patched and did I mention that I'm left handed, poor and have a free chessy/lab mix?. Jim on the other hand makes good money is right handed, owns a new Barretta auto 12 and bought his imported long legged lab for a gazillion dollars. My jaws started to tighten when we were next to each other in our blinds and he started to tell me the blood line of his lab that reached clear back to the mayflower. Keesha my free chessy/lab mix was an orphan who didn't even know who her mom was. And speaking of blinds, Jim had one of those goose dystoyers type blinds with the spring loaded doors and wheather proof sides. The blind I had was laying in the snow with dried grass stuffed in my pants. Heck I didn't even know if Keesha was going to work out because she was a little on the stubborn side. It was to late for second guesses now because we heard some geese comming directly in front of us. They got closer and closer untill Jim popped out of that blind and shot the first one. I tryed to get up but my hunting coat was frozen to the ground where my coffee had tipped over. I did manage to break free and I hit that goose dead center in the butt as it passed over and I was in the proper millitary prone position. Now at this point both dogs were pretty equal. Both jumped cover at the right time, both got the birds at the same time but things started to change real quick. Keesha my free chessy/lab mix with no harritage, walked up to me, sat down and waited untill I took the bird from her. The commotion to my other side was not quite the same. Buster his long legged imported lab with more harritage then braines that he paid a gazzillion dollars for was reluctent to let go, so what I see is Jim and buster going around in circles with Jim hitting buster over the head with his shot gun saying release release.To this day I don't know why he has never invited me hunting again. I don't know if it was my laughing or the fact that keesha took a dump right behind his blind and every one knows that geese land into the wind.
Bob

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
pooter/shooter
Well it wouldn't be called hunting if there wasn't some (Humor) Hunting buddies to laugh at every now and then!!!:D :D :cool: :D :D Can I get of the floor now:confused:

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gunnut45/454

When I got to the point of calling and shooting geese almost as well as him ,he found someone else to hunt with. But during the two years we hunted together I learned alot about arrorgant hunters.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts