1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
On the cooking channel last night they showed a Cuban idea IIRC called a Caja China (cheena). It's a box made of wood and insulated with sheet metal inside.The lid holds the hot coals and it cooks a whole side of pig much like the pit roasting idea. I look to buy or build one of my own. Check it out.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a little home taxidermy on the skull of a boar that we weighted at 275 lbs., live (well it was dead by then but you know what I mean). Lets just say you'd best be outside during the process. Bought a 4 or 5 gallon stock pot and used the side burner on my grill to boil it. The only way I can describe is to say it seems that every smell the pig ever sniffed, pretty well escaped at once :eek: :eek: :eek:

Glad I didn't start inside the house!!!!!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Mike, you bring the pig, I'll have the pit built and beers cold!

·
Registered
84 Posts
How to roast a pig:

Place pig in a ghillie suit, in the Santee Delta, SC, in July. LMAO

I know I've personally roasted myself on a few FTX's down there.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
yall are cruel.. my sweet cook ,can t cook anymore..i don t eat my own cooking ,if i can help it..wouldn t advise nobody else to either ,,unless you just like the way cardboard taste.:Dslim
dang good ole roast pig.. yep yall just cruel..:)

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
MIke I think the pit idea is a good one, verses the roasting on a spit! We did that one back in the 60's and it took almost 2 full days of turning and keeping the fire going before that whole hog was done enough to eat..............Never do that act again, just to much time involved period. :( :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts