Shooters Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
If I remember right Jack is onto something. The 220 GameKing was made for the 8mm Rem Mag velocities so they (Sierra) say it may not expand properly at 8x57 velocities. I'd have to look at my manual, but I think that is what it says.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
jb12string said:
Hate jello?!?!?!

I saw Hate Jello and just cracked up. Yes, some of us hate jello. Enough to even want to shoot it.

But the thought of a flavor called Hate Jello...
I need another cup of coffee.

·
Banned
185 Posts
For the jello to work like tissue I believe you need to mix it at 10% per weight of water. Use unflavored gelatine, in bulk and use .75-.80# per gallon. I be;ieve that is the preparation for Ordinance gelatin. I would just use wet paper or damp clay dirt free of rocks. I have Red Clay soil locally, and it acts just like tissue if it is damp, but not mucky. Greg

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
It will stop it at 200 yards or so, A 243 will just about poke through at 100 yards with 100 grn bullets

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For your next series try 3 jugs at 300 yards and then at 600 yards.

A friend was at the Battle of the Bulge and they got into a fire fight with German Patrol and one of his people took cover behind a tree about as big as he was and was taking shots at them standing and he saw this German take aim at the tree and shoot and 8MM bullet went through the tree and through him and kept going.

He said his guy was about 200 lbs and it was a job to carry him back to the aide station.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts