Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 500 count box of 158 grain .357 plated HP bullets. The big name brands are a little scarce these days, but these were readily available. I intended to use them for practice, (had leading problems with some left over 158 grain lead SWCs).
They look decent so fare. Has anybody had experience with these?

My carry load in the snubbies is a Buffal Bore "FBI load", 158 grain soft SWCHP gas checked bullet at a published 1000 FPS. I haven't chronoed them.

Having just gotten into handloading, I wondered if the HSM plated 158 grainers loaded at a +P velocity would work as well. I understand the FBI load's soft lead pretty much guarantees expansion and the gas check ostensibly prevents barrel leading, but how does or will the HSM bullet stack up?

:)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Brown cardboard box, w/red lettering? I haven't any idea of the answer to your question, but I appreciate knowing that those bullets are (or at least can be had as) plated. I've been using Berry's, but stock on them is a bit spotty around here. If HSM offers plated, I'll give them a look next time I need some bullets!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thery're the ones. Like I said, moderator, please excuse the double post - my mistake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts