Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one of my recent conversations with Marshall I said that all the topo maps from the USGS are now on the Web. He felt, as I do, that these maps are a great help to all outdoors people.
Go to Maptech.com and let it load...then in the upper right corner you will see "mapmaker"...click on that..then you will see a search box...go from there!
For those that have a GPS unit....as you move around the map you will see the longs and lats change....put your arrow on an item on the map and record the location into your GPS. We use that all the time out in the Gulf to go to reefs and wrecks.  You can right click a map and copy it into a directory for futher use. The also print well on 8.5" x 11" letterhead.
Best Regards To All, James

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If you want aerial photos along with topo and road go to terraserver homepage. It is hard to move around in because of a very small locator map but the ability to get aerials without the hassle of the lady at the ACS office wanting to be nossy, it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I had forgot about the terraserver photos.
Best Regards,James

·
Registered
2 Posts
( my 1st post )
I enjoy Terraserver, if you have a fast internet connection it is even better, here is a photo of were  I hunt .

(Edited by HandloaderJohn at 2:56 pm on June 10, 2001)

·
Registered
50 Posts
www.topozone.com also has digital topo maps. Just type in a place name and state in the search box. Their coverage includes Alaska.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts