Shooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
The thing about Ruger is they offer no written warranty, but have the best customer service in the business, hands down ! No one even compares. My brother has a KP944 .40 caliber pistol, that has had THOUSANDS of rounds put through it. It has got to the point that if fired double action, the hammer wont fall even if the trigger is pulled all the way back. Ruger has offered to replace the whole pistol, if he will send it in.

Remington on the other hand, their CS sucks. Repairs take forever, if they will even touch it. Working at a gun shop, you learn alot about how customer friendly a company is.

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
i like both rifles and have had good luck with both... considering the fact that i'm a mauser junkie i really like the ruger and i absolutely love the new hawkeye stock!! just the same i have a couple 700's that i'll never sell.

·
Banned
503 Posts
I think I have to agree with getting a left-handed rifle. Unfortunately that makes it difficult to recommend my favorite bolt-gun maker, CZ. They make excellent guns in the true Mauser tradition (they ought to know, they've been making them since WWII), with Turkish walnut and no plastic parts, hammer forged barrels, controlled round feed, single set trigger, etc. The only problem is that they don't have much selection for left-handed shooters, yet.

I have heard VERY good things about the E. R. Shaw rifles and I would consider them in a heartbeat. That price is unbelievable for a custom rifle.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ruger, Savage, Browning and Remington all offer left handed bolt guns, almost certainly in .25-06. I have a LH ruger M77 in .30-06 and a Savage 110 in .243 (27 years old, not sure how the models correspond now). I would recommend either without concern. Savage and Ruger offer the best value in my opinion. I haven't seen many Brownings and Remingtons that shoot any better off the shelf, but all of them cost a lot more.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts