Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was back in august '19 when i got my gunsmith to do a couple rifles and a pistol. the pistol had a alot of head scratching but he finally got it done. i could have picked up my rifles back in august(when they were done) but they were 1 1/2 hours(gunsmith) away from me and i decided that the guns would would stay until finished. since i am handicapable, i no longer "fix" guns. oh i'll some "fixin" up, but i reserve that for the professionals.

but anyway here it was........

now is

i shoot a 280gr fn gc with 4895(i have to develop THE load) in my husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57. i have a leupold freedom in 2-7x. if it goes 3" at 100 yards(bench/5 shots), i'll be happy with that. in the area that i hunt, a 100 yards loooooooooong shot, but 30-40 yards is more likely. deer/black bear is what i hunt.

i would like to load the 280gr using 4895 at 1700-1800fps but i'll see.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,137 Posts
That's a really neat hunting rifle. Good luck! Get a big one, close to the road ;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Need to buy yourself a lottery machine so you can work out which one of those nice guns to take out.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Is your leaf safety really usable?

it was back in august '19 when i got my gunsmith to do a couple rifles and a pistol. the pistol had a alot of head scratching but he finally got it done. i could have picked up my rifles back in august(when they were done) but they were 1 1/2 hours(gunsmith) away from me and i decided that the guns would would stay until finished. since i am handicapable, i no longer "fix" guns. oh i'll some "fixin" up, but i reserve that for the professionals.

but anyway here it was........

now is

i shoot a 280gr fn gc with 4895(i have to develop THE load) in my husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57. i have a leupold freedom in 2-7x. if it goes 3" at 100 yards(bench/5 shots), i'll be happy with that. in the area that i hunt, a 100 yards loooooooooong shot, but 30-40 yards is more likely. deer/black bear is what i hunt.

i would like to load the 280gr using 4895 at 1700-1800fps but i'll see.
Photos lie, but me thinks you need some taller scope mounts to give your safety leaf more clearance from your scope's bell?? Actually, Leupold techs said to use mid high double dovetailed mounts to tame my Rem. LH 700, 338 Ultra's recoil. If nothing else, it'll keep your nose farther away from your scope.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the safety leaf is alright. i think i'm going to use 4895 or 2400. i had the scope-eye once or twice:eek: so i don't want to repeat it. the leupold eye relief is about 3.7 - 4.2" long.

i did a medium load of 4895 just to see. its safety was good and the scope was great. i didn't have scope-eye!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts