Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
joined after watching for some time I am looking for castings of rem, hepburn action or other falling block actions would like to build myself some rifles I want , but cannot afford ,wife says she has enough

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi dgideonapl, welcome to the forum. The rules are simple: be nice and join in!

I'm not too sure what exactly your asking. Your trying to find casting of receivers to machine? Or you want complete receivers to build a gun off of? I'll have to say it's probably worth it to get a nice used gun rather than to build it yourself, and I suggest you look into that unless you want to build a gun for the experience (nothing wrong with that ;) ).

I'll see you around the forum. We're glad your here.

Matt M

·
Registered
105 Posts
Matt is right. You probably don't know what you are in for if you want to start with a casting and build a rifle.
You can find a cheap old gun and re stock and re barrel it if that's what you are talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree , but need something to do with all of the machine shop equipment in my garage:rolleyes:there used to be a couple of foundrys that made runs of castings but that was many years ago have not had time to be in the shop for about 4 or 5 years most of those companys are out of business , must not have been a lot of die hard do it yourselfers

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think you can get AR-15 lower castings to machine yourself, or you could try machining something out of a solid block (kind of a wast though :( ). I'm not sure about Falling blocks.

Check the link out here. It's really interesting and informative.

Perhaps instead of machining and action, you could start with an action and machine a crazy weird stock for it. It might be easier to start with.

I'd check your local laws on the subject too. I don't know how a guy could go about that, but it might be a bit of a hassle. Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking for single shot rifle castings to machine yourself Boulder River Foundry had 1885 hi-wall kits as of last fall for around 250.00. I think they are the ones casting for C-sharps & Shiloh Sharps. If you are looking for a complete ready to build on actions you should look at Falling Block Works actions. I am building on one now and really like it. FBW offers several actions and are reasonably priced. I bought a new model S last fall for 450.00.

Hope this helps
Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts