Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy with a table at the Puyallup gun show wanted $185 for a 1950 Marlin 336 30-30.
The guy said it has a perfect bore.
I asked there was ANYTHING wrong with it.
He said, "It has a recoil pad."
I offered $150.
He complained that $185 was already a very low price.
I looked at him.
He said, $175.
I said $165.
He said, OK.

I already have a Win 94 angle eject that I got in 2003 that I have taken to the range twice with cast handloads.
I have a 1905 Sav99 30-30 that I have not shot.
I have a 91/30 I rebarrelled to 30-30 that I have not shot.
I have a Sav219L 30-30 that I have test fired with 220 gr jacketed handloads, but not taken to the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
What's with all the guns you buy and have work done to, but don't shoot? Are you just collecting them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am with you tnekkc,

I cannot leave anything alone. I am an engineer by trade, craftsman for a hobby. I have worked on my 1911, CETME, and have plans for my 336 35Rem. For me, the gunsmithing is the fun part.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a 59 year old engineer, currently not working.

When I do have a job, I push buttons on calculators, draw sketches, take pictures, send email, and make mistakes on some corporation's cell tower, jet engine, defibrillator, night vision, etc.

When I do not have a job, I do the same stuff, on my mill, my guns, my boat, etc.

That rifle, in my possession will either sit in storage, or get drilled and tapped and converted to 25/35.

I share Colonel Townsend Whelen's philosophy on how to load the 25/35.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm an engineer too, I make maps and plan utilities, but I shoot my guns! They are too much fun to just play with and not work.

Nice job haggling! I never pay asking price at gun shows, if they won't haggle, I won't buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts