Shooters Forum banner

I didnt buy em

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  broom_jm 
Even if that converted 03A3 didn't have a scope mount on it, $350 is still a heckuva deal, especially the way you described it! Also, if you had a 308 Norma Mag, would you really need a 300 H&H ? Seems pretty redundant, to me, with their numbers being dang near identical.

I have done a bunch of hunting witha 0-3 Springfield. this is what I do NOT like about them. the safety SUCKS. there's nothing you can do to make it better, it just sucks...going thru the brush, it will be bumped and go off safe....BAD ! very bad. the dad-gum bolt selector will inadvertently get grabbed by a brushpile and get hung in "Neutral" and the bolt will open and fall out. I also don't think the Springfields are near as strong as the 17 Enfield, (P-14) and the 17 has the very best safety on a bolt gun, EVER. much better action for whatever you're gonna do just my .02c ......
Outlaw,

If you were doing most of your hunting out of a stand or ground blind, would those problems concern you very much? I ask because my wife will most likely be using one for our out-of-state hunts this fall and I don't want her struggling with a bad safety or a bolt falling out. What measures did you take, if any, to prevent these problems?

Did the gun shoot accurately and reliably?

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.