Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everything so derned old in the new format? I can't find my way around and suspect others have the same problem and have left the forum.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
A lot of member traffic has been slow lately, and new members are looking for info in the older threads.

I've figured a bunch of the new site out, while some of the ways I used to use the old site seem gone this site is getting easier. Use the four icons at the top right of the page, those will get you to just about everywhere quickly. The other trick to keep threads from disappearing after you read them is to use the 'NEW" button to bring up 'New Posts', then click 'Popular" located just to the right. Use the 3-dots icon to bring up the FAQ page, that will help a bunch also.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Like many, I'm not a fan of the new format. To me there is just too much white space and the threads need to be more compact. In addition, it would be nice to be able to change the background to a softer tan or something as the stark white is too glaring for me.

Yes, since the new format I'm not frequenting the site as much as before. I don't like it and don't want to use it as much. The people are just as knowledgeable and friendly but the site format is driving me away.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,729 Posts
Steve, there a "dark mode" click on the 3 vertical dots by your avitar/name and a "drop down menu" has that selection at the bottom. Much better for olde phart eyes.

RJ

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,237 Posts
And doing some different things with the colors has been requested, more than once. One of the things I liked about the old format was a slightly different background between replies. Much easier to follow.

We'll see if they 'fix' any of it. Beyond my control.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I forgot it was white, I changed the background to black as soon as some one said you could , I had it set so stuff I had replied to disappeared that was a pain but now it’s good .
I really like the alert function, I used to worry some that I would miss a quote that was conversational.
I should spend more time exploring the functions But ....

cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts