Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... that I shot last summer :D

Came across this pig skull about 50 feet from where I shot one last summer that I never found. I suspect he died elsewhere and the coyotes dragged him back out of the brush for fine dining.

One the plus side - didn't have to gut or butcher him, and the passage of time has improved the smell tremendously. A little peroxide and this should clean right up. Gonna give it to one of my son's former teachers as she enjoys visual aids such as this.

Attachments

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I was fishing in a bass tournament out in California, one day, when I noticed something odd-looking at the base of a small cliff, where it met the water line. I moved my boat a little closer and discovered it was a pretty decent 3X3 blacktail rack, with the skull attached. Either he had an inner-ear infection and lost his balance or maybe a kitty was chasing him, but my guess is he fell off that cliff and may have been there for a long time, since the water level had dropped to a very low level, in the reservoir.

·
38,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the lower jaw not too far from the rest about two weeks later. A couple of gallons of hydrogen peroxide later, it's starting to clean up!

Attachments

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Inactive
438 Posts
Found: A new way to catch hogs

My baby brother is a wildlife officer in Georgia and he tells me of a new method of removing hogs. He digs a trench five feet deep and a dozen feet long, then he digs another one four feet away from it, leaving a flat place in between. On this he places some bait. He says that he's found as many as sixteen hogs in the ditches in one day. If you have hog problems like i do, this is a real lifesaver! The hogs fight over the bait and they fall into the trenches. This may be illegal in some places so find out before you try it.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,427 Posts
My baby brother is a wildlife officer in Georgia and he tells me of a new method of removing hogs. He digs a trench five feet deep and a dozen feet long, then he digs another one four feet away from it, leaving a flat place in between. On this he places some bait. He says that he's found as many as sixteen hogs in the ditches in one day. If you have hog problems like i do, this is a real lifesaver! The hogs fight over the bait and they fall into the trenches. This may be illegal in some places so find out before you try it.

Waht happens next....

Shoot and shovel?....or does he grab some of that fine pork???

·
38,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heck of an idea..... too bad most of the places I hunt it would be a struggle to get a hole 4 inches deep in the ground, let alone 4 feet!

·
38,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom's pig

Hey, Tom, were you looking for this little fella???? :D

Attachments

·
38,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heiko's pig

Here's one Heiko shot in December. The head was still on the carcass at least a month later, but it's gone now. I hope whatever got around to eating it enjoyed it!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can see the "sign of a satisfied diner" in the lower left corner of the picture. There was coyote scat everywhere, and it was full of fur. Ugh.... I would have to be really, really, really hungry to eat the hide off of a boar.....

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.