Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent out a bunch of emails detailing an incident my friend had with our gun registry to a bunch of MP's and a few local TV stations. One station called and asked for an interview, and it made it on TV.

Too bad neither the interview nor the emails swayed the vote, as it came out to 153 to save the registry to 151 to scrap it. (Actually it was a vote to kill the bill to end the registry, 153 for, 151 against.) However, it's closer than we've ever come, so it's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, here's the link. Click on "stories" on the left, and then "Gun Registry" middle of the second row about. Enjoy.

http://www.globalsaskatoon.com/video/index.html

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Matt,

I already knew I liked you, from the enthusiasm and the wise-beyond-your-years comments you've made on these pages, but you've just earned an incredible amount of respect from any gun owner, Canadian or otherwise! As a person who will retire "up North" and most certainly hunt and fish in Canada during my later years, I thank you for taking the time and energy to fight this good fight. I do not expect much from my elected officials these days, but if we don't at least TRY, as you've done in this piece, to bring truth and reason to the table, the outcome will be very predictable. Your contribution to this effort to supplant fear and ignorance with respect and knowledge might someday see the pointless long-gun registration process in your country, repealed.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,129 Posts
Good on you, Matt!!!!

The shooting sports could use more like you to get rid of nonsensical government interference with folks gun rights. Thanks for going above and beyond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts