Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been spending some time lately looking at other shooter's forums.  Mostly out of curiousity to see how they compare to this forum in terms of the information that can be learned from the other posters and the moderators/administrators.  

I terms of the technical information available they don't come close.  Also, the amount of advice that one can get on Leverguns is especially valuable to me.

When it comes to the "conduct" of the posters on the other forums I have visited all I can say is that this group is head and shoulders above the rest.  Now, I'm sure we all have made comments or used some phrase in a post that we would like to take back, I know I have on a couple of comments I have made on this forum.  But, some of the "ranting" and outright name calling that I have witnessed on other forums has left a very bad taste in my mouth.  It has made me appreciate the group of real gentleman that make up the membership here.  I can honestly say that around here a guy can post any question or comment and even if the response is not what he expected there is still no concern that he will be ridiculed.

Like many others have commented before; this is the only forum that I feel comfortable posting on.  As for the rest, I may look in from time to time (strictly for entertainment) but I doubt that I'll try to contribute to them.

-Matt

·
Registered
79 Posts
What's with your tagline?
And those shoes.
EEeeewwwwwwww!

;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Matt,

I believe that most of us would agree with you on all points. We are very fortunate in those respects. Marshall and Alex did a top notch job and had a very clear vision of what they desired. Quality was obviously a top priority.

Unfortunately, we have lost all controll of Elrod! He seems to be somewhat of a loose cannon chambered in .41Mag and loaded with Blue Dot!

Scotty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hee HEE!

Welp,
BlueDot works great in .41, but LOUSY in .32 mag!

Speaking of "losing control," I have entered the "modern" zone: with a Para Ordnance 7-45 1911 style self-loader, but I promise to only shoot strings of 5 rounds.
;)

·
Banned
555 Posts
dutch,as far as the original post,could'nt a said it better!

coldfingers, we'll bring elrod back around somehow.

elrod, keep it up.

halfbreed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Elrod is going to ship all his .41Magnums to me for safe keeping. Don't worry Elrod, they'll have lots of .41 company and you can arrange visits! :D
RKBA!

I split my time amongst: Sixguns, Sixgunner, Rugerforum, and Graybeardoutdoors.com.  Paco Kelly has a book out (now out of print) that he's working to update. It's a good disertation on lever actions. Then, you can find other industry worthys, too. None of them are (ugh) Glock Talk. JMHO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nuh-UH!

Not gonna do it.

Nope.

In fact, as soon as I can find the right drill bit, I'm boring out the .32 so's I can use .41 in IT too!

Ah say lissen when I'm ah talkin' to ya son: ah say .41's fo-eh-vah, an' I ain't 'bout to ship nuttin', Honey!
Ah's a wildcat I is, I is.

Now, where'd I put that ol' cutting oil?
Ah does all mah own gunsmittin'!

·
Banned
555 Posts
elrod, iff'n ya ever get that 32 ah spittin the 41's, i'm ah sendin ya mah 44 629, im'a wantin ti back as ah 475 linebaugh.

i'll send ya ta drill bit"s.

halfbreed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts