Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally realized that after I buy a AR platform off the slat wall at a local gun store ... that item was not REALLY built for me and not built to my liking

So ......

Being this COVID thing has ... let's say ... dramatically changed the lifestyles of many ... :censored:

I tore apart my cheap o' %799 AR because of boredom and because I want to dissect this thing to see how it worked

Well ... after the tear down was complete in a lil over 60 minutes .... :(

I thought .. Now what ....??? :unsure:

Is this the best it gets? .. or .. are there better performance parts out there that makes this better than hanging on a slat wall for a few measly hundred $$$

So .. I went hunting ... hunting for better quality parts ;)

I had no idea the Pandora Box I was bout to open .. I think I've logged onto every gun web sight that sells parts o_O

My UPS .. FED EX .. USPS drivers .. all know me by first name by now ....

Why **** we have lunch ready for when they stop :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

These are mine ... never to leave my hands :love::love::love::love::love::love:

IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG

I just took inventory .... I have enough "spare / extra " parts to build another one :eek:

At least I don't have boat as a hobby :p

At least I don't race cars / motorcycles as a hobby :D
IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Very Strange, never heard of such a thing before :rolleyes:

Reactions: JBelk

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
I've got four friends with home machine shops that 'learned how' in the last two or three months and now have a dozen new guns between them.
Fifty years ago, we were trying to keep hippies from growing house plants. That was impossible, too.

Reactions: six speed

·
Registered
104 Posts
oh yes there are better parts to be had
boo koo bucks can be spent on your build
I usually start with the barrel and work my way from there
most of my parts have lately come from 1 manufacturer
but yes better parts can be had

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Wise monkeys don't tell the head monkey what they're monkeying with. :censored:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Our family built several a few years ago. Our goal was #1 to see what it was all about, #2 to see how inexpensively we could build them. (Just under $500) and did not really shop for discounts all that much. and #3 to at least get good plinking accuracy (Which we better than did) I got a good bit advice from a friend that has built dozens for himself and family. His Son really got the bug and just completed a .224 Valkire that he set up for accuracy above all (Got about $2500) invested in it and can shoot golf balls at 300 yds and hit them 8 out of 10 shots. You can spend whatever amount that you want and build anything from go cart to Hummer supreme. and have tons of fun doing it too!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts